Thursday, September 11, 2008

Autumn Leaves ... and the Blog Candy Winner!

Pin It


I'm ahh-live! But you already knew that, didn'tcha?!? Thanks so much for all your comforting words, and your prayers ... and most of all, those hurricane jokes! Now I need you to pray for all those in harm's way in coastal Texas and Louisiana.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created for no good reason using my new (old) favorite stamp and some vintage patterned paper from Scenic Route.

I loaded my fallin' leaves stamp with Versamark ink, then tapped on three inks from Close to My Heart: "Sunflower," "Garden Green," and "Hollyhock." I covered my stamped image with clear embossing powder and heat set.

I adhered this kewl old DP to my card stock, added some ribbons, and two threaded buttons.

I double matted my focal image and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in say ... oh, let's say ... 30 minutes!

Okay, so before the DH knew what hit him, I got in to his face and asked him for a number between 1 and 47. His answer? Number 25. Comment number 25 reads, "Hope things are calm there and that you do not get the worse of it," left by Char-the mad shopper. So congrats, Char, email me your snail mail addy, and I'll get your new stamps out to you ASAP. Thanks everyone for entering!

So the other day, as the DH and I we were shuttering up the Old Homestead, my neighbor came over and told me, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art."

"WoWza," I answered. "What kind is it?"

"Twelve thirty."

Despite all the jokin' around, I'm truly saddened to recall the memories of exactly seven years today. We will never forget; please don't let your children!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Patterned Paper: Scenic Route
  • Stamp: Alias Smith and Rowe
  • Ink: Versamark; Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Sinamay, Grosgrain, and Satin Ribbons; Old Buttons; Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies; Clear Embossing Powder; Heat Gun; Dimensionals; Mini-Gun Dots

17 comments:

Diane.W. said...

You're ok,YEY!!!! I do worry about my friends,lol!!!!
Luv your card,great colours.
I'm adding you to my blog roll :o)x

Carolyn Bounds said...

Welcome back my friend:o) I have missed you!!!! I am happy you and your hubby are well. How are the "kids"? I am hoping the heavy rain and wind did not do them much harm.
The card is fabulous! I love the leaves and the mesh ribbon in the background. I am sooooo glad you're back!!! Things just haven't been the same without you:o)
Hugs!
Carolyn

Lisa said...

Aw deb, another lovely creation, love these autumn colours.

Our thoughts are with our fiends accross the pond today, I have been listening to the radio for the news updates on todays ceremonies.

I for one will never forget and can remember exactly where I was at what time when the news hit the UK.

Hugs

Lisa
X

Curt in Carmel said...

I'm so glad to know you are OK and haven't lost that wonderful sense of humor that I love. The card is just beautiful! Colors are perfect! Best, Curt

Annapurna said...

Ooh! I lovey how you created the leaves by tapping in different color inkpads. Very nice.

I didn't get the joke at first, but once I got it, I couldn't stop laughing.

Allison said...

Gorgeous fall card there babe! At least Ike is heading in a different direction...poor Texas!

candy said...

congrats to Char-the mad shopper!

:)
candy

Beate said...

Beautiful card. I love all the embellishments.
I can't believe it has already been 7 years since those horrible events.
Hugs and smiles

Tonniece said...

Beautious? as always Deb.

And welcome back my friend

Happy thursday

Oh, congrats to the lucky winner

chelemom said...

This turned out gorgeous!!!

patty w said...

Beautiful card.

Congrats to the winner!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

That story about the hearing aid is SO classic!!! LOL Oh yeah, your card is really nice too. But then again, I like ALL your cards...

Elena said...

Very pretty card! We already have a carpet of the leaves on the ground.
I missed you... Glad you are all right!
Hope nobody would hurt in Texas and Louisiana.

malieta said...

Hello Mz. Deb!
You are the best you know:)
Congratulations to the winner of your blog candy and I love your beautiful card!
Take care and have a beautiful evening.
hugs
risa:)

Shirley said...

A really wonderful Fall card Deb. They won't forget. None of us will for decades to come I hope.

Jamie Martin said...

Wonderful card, love the shading of the leaves.

Mel M. M. M. said...

Gorgeous card! Love the mesh! :O) hugaroos!