Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn Leaves are Leavin' Trees ...

Pin It



Dear Diary: Today I used the grocery money for a new stamp set, seven new ink pads, a new stamp scrubber, two 6 x 6 packs of DP, and four bottles of Crystal Lacquer. I am sooooo dead.

Hey, there you are! So today is "Dear Diary Day" ... do you keep a diary? I think bloggin' is a lot like keeping a diary ... a diary that's accessible to everyone on the planet, but still, a diary of sorts. Because I care, I'll share with you the single most important thing I learned about keeping a diary: lie through your teeth 'cuz the truth hurts ... mostly you.

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for the Stamping Challenges to Love "Just Add Leaves" challenge. So I did.

All of these stamps are from Stampin' Up's new "Seasonal Whimsy" collection ... a must-have set IMHO.

I used dye inks from Close to My Heart, did a little paper piercing, then cut out the larger leaves and mounted them on dimensionals.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 35 minutes ... as for the photography? Ummm, that took two days ...

Thanks so much for swingin' by! Have a great Monday ... provided that's possible.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Seasonal Whimsy" Set
  • Ink: Close to My Heart
  • Tools: Paper Piercer; Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA

20 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

Haven't you heard that old saying "creativity is the food of life" well..now you have so thats your excuse now stick to it! Who needs food anyhow, bread and water is sufficient I say! (said munching on a raspberry trimlyte bar washed down with gorgeous hot coffee). I love how you show your creations, they look really snazzy and classy.

Blogs ARE like diaries, you're so right and sometimes they answer back...lOL S-p-o-o-o-o-k-y

Tina said...

Absolute perfection.

Diane said...

Oh How pretty Deb!! Love the popped up leaves!!! That is such a
beautiful set,the more I see the more I want it!!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

I LOVE reading your diary, it's the bestest!!

Fabulous fall card Miss Deb. I like how you used white as the card layer. Your leaves look great!! Thanks for playing my challenge, I was starting to feel a bit unloved...

Jamie Martin said...

Such a pretty card, you can never have to many leaves!

Kathryn said...

WOW -- this is gorgeous -- I love how the Leaves POP off the page!

:)

wendyp said...

Another awesome fall card! You are just rocking the autumn cards!

wendyp said...

Another awesome fall card! You are just rocking the autumn cards!

Mel M. M. M. said...

This sweet card leaves me (heehee) wanting to to stamp something in colour!!! Gorgeous! Love the 3D leaves and the paper piercing around the sentiment. TOO sweet! :O)

Elena said...

Hello Deb! Thank you for letting me print the pictures!!! Your card is so beautiful! Love the colors you chose! Falling leaves and the paper piercing looks great!

Margaret said...

Boy, I sure hope this doesn't post twice.

Deb, such a pretty card. I love the colors. I've decided that we Florida residents need to make pretty fall cards 'cause there's NO such thing as Fall here!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

You have once again captured the essence of autumn with all it's colorful beauty. I also love the paper piercing that highlights the sentiment. Gorgeous!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Julie Koerber said...

Dear Diary, I went to Deb's blog and loved her card. I actually sympathized with her using her grocery money to buy stamps. Dear Diary ---this one hurts--- I am a HCM!
;-) Hope all is well Deb! Your card rocks!!!

Rein said...

Pretty fall card!

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card & Autumnal tones :o)x

Shirley said...

Okay, I am a day behind. I love the card and the 3D leaves, and those really hello colors. I don't do the SU anymore because I do unmounted, but if I did I would buy this set. I have actually written them and told them they need to switch. They are more GREEN. More than you needed to know, huh Deb?

malieta said...

You really rock at these type of cards Deb! The DP is very pretty and I love the colors....very cute!!!

Erica B. said...

The piercing around the sentiment is a cool accent! Nice one!

Curt in Carmel said...

This card is as you would say "da bomb"! I love the color combo and the layout! Superb! Best, Curt

Tonniece said...

Leaves are my fave things< I have them all over my house, but only own One leaf stamp, hummmm, strange.

This card is da bomb Deb.Love, love it.

Happy day to you Miss Talent.