Friday, September 26, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow ... at Your House

Pin It



I'm sending lots of snowy wishes your way ... 'cuz I know how much you Northerners l-o-v-e snow. But that's not the only reason. The other reason is that today is "National Good Neighbor Day," and I'm just tryin' to be a good neighbor!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison challenged us to create a paper project using a snowman. I'll bet you didn't see that coming, huh?

I stamped my image on Vintage Cream card stock, and colored Mr. Snowman in with Copic markers. Notice my intricate and subtle shading here ... LOL! Right; the Copic's and I are barely speakin' these days.

I embossed my background card stock, added some red Stickles to his buttons and drew a horizon line with a black pen. The red patterned paper is actually half of an A•Muse "Kitchen" note card and I die cut some funky green 'trees' to embellish the note card paper.

There is a ton of super-fine snow glitter on this card and no matter how many different photos I took, I could NOT get it to show up ... nor the Copic W1 shadow under the snowman ... just let's pretend you see 'em, okeedokee?!?

Easy-peasy-snowman-easy!

So, the DH is building a hurricane-shutter-storage-box-thingie and asked me if I wanted to run down to the local Home Depot with him. Never one to miss an opportunity to get free paint sample cards and Formica chips, I agreed.

While the DH was talking boards with the nice man in the orange apron, a guy walked up and said, "S'cuse me, but I need some four-by-twos."

The clerk said, "You mean two-by-fours, don't you?"

The guy said, "I'll go check," and walked away. He returned a few minutes later and said, "Yeah, I meant two-by-fours."

"Alright. How long do you need them?"

The man paused, then said, "A long time. We're gonna build a house."

Seriously; I was there! Completely true ... the unadulterated truth. Hey, I can't help it if funny things happen all around me ... all the time ... can I? It must be a funny-karma thing ... plus my name, Deb, means "she who causes laughter everywhere she goes," in ... some other language ... I think.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Patterned Paper: A Muse Kitchen Note Cards
  • Stamps: Snowman by Gina K. Designs; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Black, Archival by Ranger; Cranberry, Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Copic Markers; American Craft Pen; Shimmer Brad by Making Memories; Stickles by Ranger; Super-Fine Glitter by Stampendous
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder; Spellbinder's Dies; Cuttlebug Die; Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA

25 comments:

Oma said...

This is one northener who does NOT like snow! You have to shovel it, and as for driving in it, we won't even go there!

wendyp said...

lol, thanks Deb but I'll pass on the snow. Its starting to feel like fall here, and I'm ready to go find a cave and hibernate already. winter, snow, ice...ICK!

That snowman is adorable!!! (See, thats the kind of snow I like.lol)Love the color combo and that cuttlebugged background!

Diane.W. said...

Great card Deb & I'm imagining the sparkle,lol!!!;O)x

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is adorable!!! That snowman is too stinkin cute!!! I love the look on his face...like he's up to something:o) I think I need this stamp! I also love those teenie, weenie trees. A really fun card...I am still smiling:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Liza said...

Great card Deb. The snowman is super cute!

Liza x

Tonniece said...

LOL, I really have to start reading you blog last, cause I almost always have to change
my undies after reading your posts.
I did say almost, Right? hehehe

Love the card and can totally see all the gliterrrrrrr, no really!!!!

Thanx 4 the fun post.

Happy "National Good Neighbour Day" Deb.

P.S.
How would one say that in "Another language"?
LOL

Tina said...

Super cute! I just love snowmen!

Deb said...

LOL that's too funny!! I love your card too cute and the little trees are adorable! I'll pass on the snow though!

The Rubber Maid said...

Very cute snowman and I am a Northerner who does love snow. We kind of need it to ski, snow board, catch a ride on the back of car bumpers and well there are a lot of good uses for snow. What about "snow cones" ? See all the fun you miss by living in the sunny hot weather ! Pat

Lisa said...

Wow what a great card, fun and funky and oh soooo cute.
Adorable.
Hope all is well with you Deb, looks like you have been mega busy!!!

patty w said...

I , so need a snowman stamp!

love it!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Love that snowman... It's an adorable card! Happy Fridat!

Annapurna said...

This is super cute. I can see the glitter in the gigantic image. Shadow, not so much. Love your trees.
Someone should have told that guy that he shouldn't be building, but buying :-))

malieta said...

Your snowman card is adorable Deb! I'm a big fan of your color combo and who doesn't love a cute snowman?!

Andrea said...

Beautiful card.
xAndrea

Elena said...

Deb, your card is very cute! I love this snowman!

Diane said...

You crack me up! Pretty scarry that,that's for real!!!
Cute snowman card,did you know I LOVE snowmen!!!! So of course when I saw this card...I fell in love all over again with another man,that's snowman!

I have a joke for you,
This couple wakes up and the DH says to his wife, I had a weird dream last...

The wife says oh ya,what was it?

DH says, I dreamed I was biking all night for miles and miles

Wife says,hmmmm I had a dream that I was making love all night,I mean all night!!!

DH says,I hope it was with me,lol.

Wife says,No you we're gone biking!

Enjoy your weekend Deb!

Shirley said...

Love the whole card! It says I dare you! What a bright invigorating card. Love those trees and the neck scarf.

Allison said...

Super cute snowman...great with all the details!

Hey, do you ever get snow? Have you ever seen it even?

Kathryn said...

Wonderful Card -- LOVE the red with the black/white combination -- so very pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

Deb thank you so much for this snowman he is adorable. Since I live in sunny Phx AZ and we are still having temps in the 100s we need to think cool thoughts. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Curt in Carmel said...

LOVE this card Deb. It almost makes me want to think about snow! NOT! Best, Curt

Theresa said...

Deb, I love this card. It looks so great the way you have matched the DP to the scarf. Beautiful card!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuuu! Now this is a CUTE snowman. I've been looking out for those lately. I love how you coloured him, (but are you mad at your copics for something?) Love the texture frame and the die cut trees. (TOO clever!) :O) shivery'ugs

jogjacartoonvisit said...

Looks so cute!