Saturday, September 20, 2008

Speaking of Simple Things ...

Pin It



Happy Cartoon Day boys and girls!!

And more GOOD news!! Today is "National Punch Day!" You know what that means: you can go out and buy as many punches as you want today! And not a minute too soon: I've got a long list of punches I want need!

ONward H-C-M's:

True story: this card is pictured in the dictionary right next to the word "simple." Is too!

I stamped my ginormous "Well Worn Words" backgrounder on kraft card stock, then wrapped some natural twine around the stamped image, though a double-clippie-thingie, and adhered the ends on the back.

I stamped my sentiment on a kraft card stock scrap, die-cut a scalloped edge mat, punched out five 1/4" circles, added some teeny-tiny screw head brads, and finis!!

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes! Is too!

Well, guess what? While cleaning out my studio I discovered an almost-new Scotch ATG 714 adhesive gun! That's funny ... I already have one ... but suddenly, I have two ... why, it's like a craftin' miracle!

Anyway, I've listed it for auction in my eBay store for .99 ... that's right, ninety-nine cents! It's missing it's instructions but there's a kewl video available at Framing Supplies and tons more info available by searching "Scotch ATG 714." If you've been wanting needing an ATG gun, you might want to go and check it out: HERE.

Thanks so much for spending part of your Cartoon Day with me; you rock!

~Simply,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: Backgrounder by Stampin' Up; Sentiment by Hero Arts
  • Ink: Staz-On Solvent Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: Double Spiral Clip Thingie; Natural Jute Twine; Screw Head Brads
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies; 1/4" Circle Punch; Scrap Fusion PA; Dimensionals

19 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Deb, this is so pretty. I love the calming colors and that the sentiment has taken center stage.

Tonniece said...

Love this one too Deb. Do you ever mess up?

I wish those craftin'miracles would happen to me once in a while. LOL

Happy Saturday

Allison said...

Beautiful BG and great hemp. My homegal Paula would love this (if she was not off on vay-cay!).

Lisa said...

Aw Deb what an amazing card and the sentiment is spot on.. I couldn't agree with your more.

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuu! i must admit that I hated my well worn words stamp until this very moment. You ROCKED it. Love this artistic simplicity SO much! :O) What a great way to use that hodge podge doomahicker too! Brilliant. :O) Hugeroos!

wendyp said...

You make "simple" look awesome!!! Love it!

Annapurna said...

How creative to use that spiral clip for pulling the hemp together. Love the sentiment.

Christi (Cici510 on SCS) said...

Your card is gorgeous!!!! I found your blog through Diane's Design blog and love your work!

julie king said...

another great card, deb! i admire your work so much! and you're always so high on life!!!

Margaret said...

Deb, another great card. I love that stamp -- fits my personal motto: simple pleasures for simple minds. 'Cause you know? Why should you complicate things in this life?!?

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I really like this. I like how you used that spiral thingy . Nicely done. ;-)

Shirley said...

The card is simple and beautiful too! If I every come up with a card this elegant and quick I may pass out..........and you can have all of my stamp stuff.

mueppi said...

Wow.... Deb
I really like this. I like how you used that spiral thingy
I love the sentiment!
Hugs Gisela

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card,Deb ,luv the natural tones :o)x

Elena said...

I agree with wendyp - You make simple cards look awesome! Very beautiful card!

Paula's ponderings said...

WHAT!! No joke??? Was relying on one to make my day complete!! Ho hum...fantabulous card...as always!! I think you are so lucky to have such a fertile crafting stash!!

Char-The Mad Shopper said...

Amazing results for something you call simple. You just got the touch.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Wonderful card!!! Love the colors, the twine, and the EVERYTHING!!! I especially appreciate the wonderful sentiment. It is usually the simple things that bring the greatest pleasure...we just have to slow down long enough to recognize them. Thank you for reminding us!

Hugs!
Carolyn

malieta said...

One word.....Gorgeous!!!!!