Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Fall ... Like a Happy Meal with Less Calories!

Pin It


Happy Cartoon Day, boys and girls! Hope you're not spending your weekend boardin' up your house like you-know-who ...

Today's card project was created for no good reason ... I just wanted to stamp the trees image. I love this image, but unfortunately, don't recall who manufactured it. It's an unmounted stamp so it's origin will remain unknown.

I stamped the image by first loading my stamp with Versamark, then loading it with "Spiced Marmalade" Distress ink, then stamping on Vintage Cream card stock. Using my heat tool, I embossed with clear embossing powder.

I stamped my sentiment, from Close to My Heart, using "Pine Needles" Distress ink, then cut the sentiment out with my Nesties.

I added some die-cut ovals, twill ribbon, brass letter charms, and brass brads, and finis!

Be sure to check out the Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock blog to see all the "Heavy Metal" entries and vote for your fav!

Off to finishing reading my book about anti-gravity ... I just can't put it down!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: Trees Image, Unknown; Sentiment from Close to My Heart
  • Ink: Versamark Watermark; Distress Inks by Ranger
  • Accessories: Twill Ribbon; Copper Letter Charms; Antique Copper Brads
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies; Clear Embossing Powder; Heat Gun; Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA

20 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I love the colors and that awesome alpha!

Cindy Haffner said...

ASwesome colors, awesome job.

Tonniece said...

Happy Saturday Deb.

Great card, lovin the fall colors. Gots to get me a nice tree stamp or a few.

TFS

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuuuu! You and Anna are killin me with these amaaaaaazing oranges. SO gorgeous! (I am secretly orange-challenged.) You two make it look like a million bucks! Hugzzzz!

Mel M. M. M. said...

P.S. Are you boarding up your house so I can't get in when I hijack the plane? Heeheehee. OXO

Shirley said...

What vibrant colors, Deb. I just love your design and the FALL just really brings the whole card into focus! TFS

Christine said...

You might not be experiencing Fall but you hit the colors right on the head. Just a GREAT card!!!

Annapurna said...

Are you all boarded up and living in a dungeon? Can you read this comment or are you living on neighbors generator?

This is a beauty. You know how much I like those colors. And there is your tree stamps. Very nice image.

Stay safe.

patty w said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card! I love the trees and they have such depth!

(I love orange!)

Be safe!

malieta said...

What a pretty card and I love the vibrant colors!
How come I can't heat emboss like this?!
Have a great weekend:)

Carolyn Bounds said...

Gorgeous!!! I have totally fallen for those brass letter charms and the lovely trees. Another vibrant beauty, Deb!!

Flossie's Follies said...

This is such a great card, love how you used those letters, I have a bunch of them and have not figured out what to do, thanks for the inspiration.

Allison said...

Beauty! Love the orange and tree stamps are high up on my list!

Heather "Hev" said...

So pretty :)

I hope the boarding up of your house helps protect it (I assume a storm is a brewing)

Hugs from Australia

sillymonkeycrafts said...

Gorgeous card - I love the orange

Bryony

sillymonkeycrafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beate said...

Beautiful card, Deb!
Hugs and smiles

Lisa said...

This card is fab, I love the letters, can't believe how busy you have been. I have been away demonstrating for a few days so have not been blogging much. I have missed loads.

Julia Aston said...

Great oranges on this fun fall card! love the trees and letters!

Chris said...

love this card...it's so fall like!!!