Wednesday, September 17, 2008

All the Good Blog Post Titles Were Taken ...

Pin It



So, hey, happy "Stay Away From Seattle Day!" Strange ... I thought all the lunatics were in Washington, DC.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison challenged us to use silhouette stamps on a card. And in so doing, I discovered something startling: I have w-a-y too many silhouette stamps!

After the dust settled, I chose to use this silhouette stamp ... stamping my image and sentiment on Kraft card stock with Versamark. I heat embossed with an ancient jar of "Topiary" embossing powder ... which I "discovered" around the same time as I realized how many silhouette stamps I had. Does this kinda thing happen to anyone else?!?

I ran the stamped and embossed sentiment partially through a paper crimper, added some eyelets, and knotted some dark green twine through the openings. I added the sentiment piece to my card base using dimensionals for ... ummmm ... dimension!

I punched out some l'il tiny circles and adhered them to my stamped and embossed foliage and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

TRUE Story Alert!

My friend Sheila invited the DH and I over for dinner last night. While the guys went out to the garage to ooohhh and ahhhhh over power tools, I went inside to help Sheila prepare dinner.

In the kitchen, Sheila had a huge pot of cold water on the stove and was busy chopping veggies for a salad.

"Would you like me to start the pasta water, " I asked.

"Oh, no, not yet," she responded, "Not 'til I'm done with the salad."

"Oh, okay," I said.

"But just as soon as I finish the salad, we can start the water and leave the kitchen," she continued.

"Ummm, o-KAY, Sheila ... but why leave? Isn't that kinda dangerous?"

"Duh, Deb, everyone knows a watched pot never boils!"

Seriously.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Embossing Powder; Eyelets; Twine
  • Tools: Heat Gun; Crop-a-Dile; Paper Crimper ; Circle Punch; Black Dimensionals

13 comments:

Tina said...

Deb, this is absolutely stunning. Love the kraft and that silhouette stamp. Great job!

wendyp said...

Wow!!! Love the pop of orange with the kraft cardstock!!! I am so hooked on kraft cardstock right now so this card just makes me smile!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Simply beautiful!! I love the way the colors pop right off the page. You have also inspired me to wipe the dust from my eyelets and put them to some use. Thanks for the much needed inspiration:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Heather "Hev" said...

I love the simplicity of this card. The colours are gorgeous!!!

Now if your friend leaves everytime a pot of water needs boiling - does she take a watch to time herself??? ummmm......

Diane.W. said...

So gorgeous & very striking :o)x

malieta said...

Your friend is too funny and how do you manage to keep a straight face?! lol
Your card is so PRETTY Deb!!! I love the silhouette stamp that you chose and the added embellishments look terrific!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Happy Stay Away From Seattle Day to YOU too! Hmm... I wonder who came up with that one, huh? Your card is so pretty... You haven't made a card yet that I haven't "loved".

Elena said...

Wow! Deb you are amazing! It is so elegant and so beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us and for your wonderful inspiration!

Shirley said...

Okay Deb, I love this card. I like the way you did the eyelets, the ties and the little red-orange dots. Perfect, just like your life. Every day some one tells you something funnny! Whaaaaaa! I want that too! LOL

Anonymous said...

Very elegant card I really like the orange dots it makes it pop. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Allison said...

Going ol' school with the crimper, eh? Great job...me loves the kraft paper and, of course, those stamps!

Maria Matter said...

Deb, came over from Allison's blog to have a looksy at your silhouette card...fabulous!!! Love the black and kraft paper combo with the pops of orange! Isn't it great fun to find new *old* stuff?! :)
Blessings, Maria

Annapurna said...

Hmmmm... Orange berries. I feel like picking them and eating them. Can I? Great job with the sentiment panel.