Friday, September 5, 2008

You Look Familiar; Did We Go To Different Schools Together?

Pin It



Hey, everyone, it's "Be Late for Something Day!" Well, you can count on me to do my part: I've been late all day!

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison's theme is "back to school." Yikes, please don't make me go!

I stamped my alphabet image on this cute l'il blackboard using Pigment ink and heat set.

I covered my card base with some kewl old Rusty Pickle chalkboard paper, added the cover from a little composition notebook, and adhered two metal edge tags connected with ball chain.

Finally, I tied ribbon around three vintage pen nibs and added some silver stars to the chalkboard.

And I'm not really opposed to going back to school ... it's just the principal of the thing!

Thanks for swingin' by ... and don't forget, you've only got a few more hours to get your Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock "Heavy Metal" challenge entry posted!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Rusty Pickle
  • Stamp: "Alphabet" by Collections
  • Ink: Colorbox Brush Pigment Ink
  • Accessories: Mini-Composition Notebook; Wooden Chalkboard; Silver Stars; Eyelets; Ball Chain; Ambersand Bead; 1/8" Ribbon; Vintage Pen Nibs
  • Tools: The Ultimate Glue; Scrap Fusion PA

15 comments:

Elena said...

Your card is adorable! I like all of the details! Awesome job!

chelemom said...

What a fabulous card!!!! SO many great little details!!!

Tina said...

Oh my word, this card is stinkin' adorable.
Have a great weekend!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love all the detail you used on this card, it is great.

Erica B. said...

I love the touch of the little composition book. So many details... Will I make it in time for this challenge? We will see. Maybe right now I should. H'm...

candy said...

pretty! I love the vintage nibs!!

:)
candy

Annapurna said...

How cute! The pen nibs and tags and that slate are all awesome. Very well done my dear.

The pen nibs are vintage, then I must be vintage. We used these pens back home when we were in school.

I am with you on going back to school. I want to be a little kid again, if I can retain all the knowledge and don't have to go back to school :-)

Allison said...

Awesome job babe...love the little pencils (so brill on your part again)! I will try to make something with metal tonight, k?

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

This is so creative! I love your chalk backround. Fabulous!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Great card!!! I love all the metal accents and the mini composition book! Another fun card, my mega talented friend!!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Hey there! Love all the detail on this one! Excellent job! No wonder I was almost late with my entry into your contest! It's "be late for something day"! LOL I did get it in on time however! Best, Curt

Tonniece said...

this card is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! the things you find to embellish is totally amazing.

Love it. Thanks Deb

Mel M. M. M. said...

You don't needa go back to school you need to teach it! Stampin crazy gorgeousness school that is. This is out of this world!!! The way you did the pen nibs. WOWza! And all that paper. I think you secretly know all of my favourite things. I am going to start making shopping lists on your blog and case you like mad. MUhahahaaha <--that's the mad stamper noise I will make while I case you. (Yes I am truly certifiable. I blame it on the flu-thing. lol) OXO "Hugswhichhavebeensanitizedonthenet soasnottogive you flucooties"

malieta said...

What an adorable card Deb! I love the theme and your embellishments are super!

Lisa said...

Cool Card!! U have been busy!!