Monday, September 15, 2008

Rockin' to Background Music ... a 15 Minute Project

Pin It



Monday: a truly dreadful way to spend 1/7th of your life ...

Hey, boys and girls, it's that time of the month again! Head on over to Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock for the full deets on the "Background Music" challenge ... and to see who rocked August's "Heavy Metal" challenge!

Today's 15 Minute card project was created as a sample for Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock's September challenge. This month, our theme is "Rockin' to Background Music."

Create your rockin' entry using a stand-alone background stamp. Feel free to add embellishments but use a stamp that really doesn't need any, KWIM?

I stamped my background image using Staz-On solvent ink, matted it, added some gold charms and rhinestones, and finis! Quick and dirty easy ... just the way I like 'em!

TIP: To adhere tiny charms without using messy glues, simply cut your mini-glue dots in half, then apply to your embellies ... easy-peasy!

Anyway, yesterday I had this crazy urge for sponge cake. But I wanted to make a real sponge cake ... so I borrowed all the ingredients.

Yum!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamp: Club Scrap
  • Ink: "Timber Brown" Staz-On
  • Accessories: Gold Lock and Key Charms; Gold Rhinestones
  • Tools: Scrap Fusion PA; Mini-Glue Dots

17 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Great,luv the details :o)x

Ann said...

Lovely! Are you a Club Scrapper?

Annapurna said...

Lovely stamp and card Deb. Love all the matts. Perfectly done.

That reminds me of our house in India, with that big old door and brick walls etc. Not there anymore :-(

What is a club scrapper?

Eve said...

Your creations are so original.
Your work is fab!
Kindly,
~Eve

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I really love it's simplicity. I like all the things you do... Can't wait to play again this month. My Monday is a little better than usual because I'm off today! tee hee

Lisa said...

Oh Deb this is stunning, I just can't wait to get crafting again for pleasure.... its all been deomonstration samples of late.

Allison said...

Super creation Deb! And bad joke as always!

wendyp said...

Awesome card!!!

Love the challenge! Hope to work on it soon. I just ran out of time last month to get everything I wanted to done.

wendyp said...

Awesome card!!!

Love the challenge! Hope to work on it soon. I just ran out of time last month to get everything I wanted to done.

Anonymous said...

Great challenge, great card. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Carolyn Bounds said...

Beautiful card, Deb! I love the pale blue and brown together; it gives the card a soft, yet bold feel. I also love the lock and key charm. Thanks for the helpful tip. I never would have thought to do that.

Tina said...

Of course, you totally rocked this one out. Love the detail of that stamp.

Elena said...

Nice card! I like the lock and key charms! Your cards are fantastic!!! I should check if I have background stamps...

malieta said...

Your card is very lovely and I adore the charms!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Love the collage look. I'm sneakin time for blurfin at 2:30 am. Been missin ya! :O) OXO

Marlou said...

fabulous card!! :)

Shirley said...

Love your card. If I ever came up with a 15 minute card I would probably pass out with delight! TFS Deb.