Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's National Checker's Day!

Pin It



Say, do you have a Checkers restaurant near you? If so, get thy self down there and get a free meal today! It's not advertised but just do what I did ... order your meal, then when the cashier tells you how much you owe, tell them that today is National Checker's Day and that according to your attorney, all Checkers' meals are free for the askin' today. Yum, the only thing better than Checkers is free Checkers! And free checkin' ... that's pretty kewl too.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created for no good reason 'cept that I found this image on my work table all ready stamped, embossed, and distressed. Bein' that I never look a gift horse in the mouth (dangerously yucky), I assumed that the Goddess of Card Making wanted me to use it. So I did.

Isn't this DP gorgeous?!? I'm soooo in love with this new patterned paper from Close to My Heart! This is from the brand new "Perfect Day" collection and you can get it HERE. And you should ... 'cuz it's soooo pretty! I know you'll be thankin' me later for enabling you now.

For the rest of the deets on this card, check out my supply list, below.

So, my friend Sheila is helping out her uncle in his bakery this week. No, thank goodness, she doesn't bake, but she does know how to work the cash register.

Yesterday morning, a gunman burst in and demanded all the cash. As Sheila nervously handed over the cash, she noticed the rolls of coins in the back of the register.

"Do you want the rolls too?" she asked.

"No," said the robber, waving his gun. "Just the money."

Seriously.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics Kraft; Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Close to My Heart, "Perfect Day" Collection
  • Stamps: Hero Arts; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Clearsnap Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink; Versamark; Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Vintage Cotton Twine; SU Jumbo Eyelets; Frame Hanger; Metal Index Holder: 7gypsies; Stacked Word Sentiment; Clear Embossing Powder; Distressing Tool
  • Tools: Crop-a-Dile; Heat Gun; Circle Punch; Dimensionals; Mini-Glue Dots

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Deb... you have gone and done it again, I just sigh in admiration every time I visit.. I have posted yet another demo sample but am now ahead of schedule, so hopefull next week can do something more for enjoyment!!!

Diane.W. said...

Great card,luv the details :o)x

Tina said...

Simply exquisite. Love all the details.

Tina said...

Simply exquisite. Love all the details.

Diane said...

Beautiful card Deb!!! That dp is gorgeous!!! Is that story for real?
Lol!

Annapurna said...

This is super cute. Are those the jumbo eyelets? Never hear of Checkers restaurant in the south, north east or in the mid west.

You enabler you. You made me buy it for sure. I need to stop talking to you, before you make me buy everything from the catalog:-) You should seriously consider becoming a virtual demo.

Allison said...

You are going to have mass arrests on your head giving everyone this idea to demand a free meal! Neat image (love it in caramel!).

Carolyn Bounds said...

Another great card, Deb!!! And, you are right about that paper...it is yummy!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Marlou said...

a really fabulous card Deb!! :)

Marlou said...

a really fabulous card Deb!! :)

Shirley said...

Coming here is like getting candy and a laugh too, but you know that!!! I love the background paper. I can't say about the image. I have tried to get different people to tell me what there is in this kind of stamp and no answers......I don't understand it. The design is really very pretty with the ribbon, knots, embellishments too.

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Happy National Checkers Day! Thanks for the tip. I'm off to find a Checker's right now! I'll tell 'em you sent me. Hey, I was tagged on my blog and now I'm passing it on to you! Visit my blog for the details.

Ann said...

Great card!

You know, I heard that today was the anniversary of Richard Nixon's "Checkers" speech. Coincidence?

malieta said...

What a fantastic card Deb and the DP is very pretty!

Rein said...

What a pretty card!

Tonniece said...

Very cute card. Love all the embellishments too.

Happy Thursday

Mel M. M. M. said...

Adorable image. The Goddess of cardmaking is right and she is clearly your personal muse! :O) If that little guy is king of the world, there is no doubt that you are queen of the card! Looks at all the luscious details on here! I am always superdeeduperdee inspired by the way you use stuff. Wish I could remember even a few of your wicked tricks, they're Deblectable! :O) OXOXOXO hugsinhopesthatitrubsoff!

Elena said...

Fantastic card! The designer paper is beautiful! Love the soft look of it! Great idea with twine around the ribbon!!!