Friday, September 12, 2008

I Gotta Stop Wearin' Shades Whilst Card-Making ...

Pin It


See why? Just a teeny bit bright, huh?!?

Hey, guess what?!?! The DH brought me home the cutest l'il puppy! It's a hybrid mixed breed: a Spitz + a Chow Chow. So, technically, Puddles is a Spitz-Chow ... which 'splains why he's throwin' up after every meal.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Okay, is it just me or are all the new Cuttlebug embossing folders messed up? I've got four new ones; of the four, two were manufactured bass-ackwards ... or upside down and inside out ... something. But not right; I hope all of your folders work properly!

Today's card project was created bass-ackwards for my cousin's birthday and she just lurves bright colors ... being a Floridian and all.

I ran the yellow card stock base through the 'Bug using one of the "Just My Type" folders. Yup, it debossed the front instead of embossing ... so, I flipped it around and ran it through again. Looks kinda kewl with the embossed edge on both the outside and the inside of the card.

I layered on some pumpkin card stock and stamped my flower image using "Broken China" Distress ink. I cut it out and added to my card base using a glue dot, leaving the petals free for dimension. I tied a turquoise ribbon through a metal flower that my BFF sent me, then adhered it to the stamped flower using a 1/4" dimensional.

I added a ribbon at the card stock seam and tied on three yellow ribbons for bows. My sentiment, from Close to My Heart, was stamped in the same ink and cut out in the 'Bug, then glued down with a glue dot just under the ribbon.

Hope you're not lookin' here today, Kath ... 'cuz this isn't just your birthday card, it's your gift, too!

So, I've been thinkin' ... why is it that all the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

~Wondering,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink; Bazzill Basics
  • Stamps: "Alpha Flower" by Limited Edition; Sentiment by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Broken China" Distress Ink by Ranger Industries
  • Accessories: Metal Flower, the Bestest BFF in the Whole, Wide World; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Cut Machine; Cuttlebug "Just My Type" Embossing Folders; Nestabilites Die by Spellbinder's; Dimensionals; Glue Dots; Scrap Fusion PA

17 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous,sunny,bright card! I also luv your displays you make,they are so beautiful!!! :o)x

wendyp said...

You know I love bright fun cards. The brighter, the better! This is fantastic!

Allison said...

Whoa...no doubt that's a bright one! It's okay since we all need to go off the tracks sometimes (like my "Deb" card today!).

Curt in Carmel said...

Once again, a coffee spittin moment about the dog joke. . .does that make me part Spitz? LOL Love the bright colors. Glad you hung through the storms! Best, Curt

Carolyn Bounds said...

I love the bright and cheery colors! Hahahahaha!!! You bring up a very good point about the intelligence-seeking instruments...kinda makes you go hmmmm...:o)

Radiogirl said...

This is a likable card and not too bright. I'm surprised to hear about the CB embossing folders. What a bummer. I don't have any of the new ones yet.

The Rubber Maid said...

Bright and cheerful...hey what's wrong with that? Happy new puppy,I don't think I could handle that anymore. Training is a bummer but do love dogs. Good weekend to you and your new puppy. Pat

Annapurna said...

Me likey! my kind of colors. Deboss emboss makes no diff. Still pretty.

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Well, isn't this bright and cheery!!! I think it's really pretty (as usual)!

Elena said...

Very fun card! I like the bright colors!

Lisa said...

Aw Deb, another really cool, great, fab, stunning..... card.

I love the fresh colours, I have so got to get me some time to make for myself, friends and family.

Been so busy doing demonstration samples... I have almost forgotten what is like to craft for pleasure.

Stay cool

Hugs

Shirley said...

Deb, you are so funny! That card is so vibrant I bet it would light up a room. Love the colors!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Can never be too bright! This is stunning. Bummer about your folders being all mucked up. Hope you're doing great, hugz!

Tonniece said...

Hi Deb

Me thinks they are all backwards, cause mine are too.
Lovin this bright and cheery card.
A true masterpiece from the master cardmaker.

Theresa said...

I think it is fantastic. I love bright colors. =) Congrats on your puppy!

Sock Monkey Greetings said...

I love the card. Bright colors are my favorite!
I want a dog so bad but my hubby says no. I've been working on him for the past year, maybe I'll win someday. :)

malieta said...

What a gorgeous and suuny card, your cousin is going to love it Deb!!
You have to post a picture of your new puppy:)