Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Cornucopia Runneth Over ...

Pin It



Well, stamping card makers, we finally have a day we can call our very own: "Festival Of Latest Novelties Day!" Seriously, if there's a group of people who want/need/buy the latest 'novelties' more than stampers and card makers, I'd like to know who that is. So, in honor of the Festival, I will be pre-ordering all the new Spellbinder's dies today*!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created using one of the latest novelties Cuttlebug embossing folders, "Pumpkin Harvest."

I used my Koh-I-Noor pencils to color in my stamped cornucopia, blending with Gamsol, then added some dimension to the image using the "plumping" technique. I added some glittery Stickles to the ears of corn, and a Copic marker (W1) shadow, both of which you can barely see. But pretend you do ...

I stamped my CTMH sentiment on Vintage Cream card stock using a stamp from Close to My Heart's September Stamp of the Month. Check it out
HERE. I framed the sentiment in an antique copper index frame, matted my card stock with DP from Daisy D's, and shortly thereafter, finis!

So, I spoke to Sheila today ... always an adventure:

"So, how's your Mom been lately," I asked.

"Not good," Sheila answered. "She's got chronic frontal sinusitis."

"WoWzA, that doesn't sound good," I said. "Where did she get that?"

"Reader's Digest. Last month's issue."

On a serious note, be sure to check out
Cammie's blog for the most. amazing. blog. candy. give-away. ever!

When you read Cammie's post you'll understand why she, and dozens of other stampers and bloggers are donating to this phenomenal give-away! Be sure to check it out and enter for your chance to win over $1,000 in kewl prizes!!

I will be donating this ^ card to The Artman Home in Pennsylvania in honor of World Alzheimer's Day. Make someone's day ~ send a handmade card to an Alzheimer's caregiver you know ... there's no better time than right now!

Seriously.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: DCWV; Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Daisy D's
  • Stamps: Sentiment by Close to My Heart; Cornucopia by Outlines
  • Ink: Archival Black by Ranger
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Antique Copper Index Frame and Brads; Stickles
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Dies; A2 Embossing Folder; Koh-I-Noor Woodless Pencils; Gamsol; Copic Marker (W1); Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA

*I wish ...

18 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Great Autumn card :o)x

Paula's ponderings said...

Gorgeous card and going to a very worthy cause.

Suzy said...

Deb
Reader's Digest! Snort!!! Your blog is always good for a laugh (and lovely eye candy). Wish you lived here we could stamp and play!

I love your card. I am on the fence about buying those pencils since I have regular pencils already but your coloring is so vivid it really tempts me!

Lovely card, and a great cause.

xo
Suzy

Tina said...

Deb, this is stunning and oh so sweet of you.

Julia Aston said...

wonderful fall card Deb! love the new pumpkin cuttle folder (how'd I miss that??!?!?) what a great reason to make a card too!

Lisa said...

Wow, Wow, Wow I love this what a sophisticated take on this season.

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great, so fall, love your coloring and shading

Carolyn Bounds said...

Gorgeous autumnal card!!! I am so grateful to have found your wonderfully entertaining and inspirational blog!! I always leave it with a smile on my face and a new technique I want to experiment with!!! Thank you for the smiles!!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Joan said...

Beautiful fall card. Joan

Tonniece said...

Beautiful card for a great cause too.


Thanks for the sharing Deb.

Hugs
Tonniece

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Great card Deb! Your coloring looks great.

wendyp said...

another gorgeous card!!!

Margaret said...

Great card. I'm, like, SO ready for fall; or what passes for fall in Florida. Thanks for helping keep the spirit of the season alive.

Carolyn King said...

wow...beee u ti ful card Deb! I love the embossed bg with the image. I am sure they are gonna FLIP over this card!

Thanks so much for participating and lol on the readers digest comment! I needed a good laugh today so thank you!
hugs-Cammie

Mel M. M. M. said...

Gorgeous! I am grateful for this glorious colour. Koh-I-Noor hey? Another thing to add to the try it out list. Cute stamp and the textures are wicked sweet too. You ROCK!!!! Now I hafta see what stamps I have for a fall card.... :O) Fall'ugs

Elena said...

THe card is very elegant! I love the orange cardstock with embossed pumpkins on it! The stamp is wonderful! Love your coloring!!! Very nice way to say thank you...

Deb said...

Sooo very pretty and wonderfully colored!!

Anne said...

Love this card! I am grateful for so many things in my life. I like the idea that "my cornucopia runneth over"!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and for your kind words about my photos being made into jewelry!