Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who's Afraid of the Big, Brown Tag?

Pin It



So, allow me to be the first to wish you a happy "National Play-Doh Day!" Play-Doh: like currency for the kindergarten set ... don't leave home without it!

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's paper project was created for the "Tag You're It" blog challenge. This week, Anne and Sam challenged us to create a tag using a monochromatic color scheme. It doesn't get any more boring monochromatic than brown, brown, kraft, and brown!

My no-stampin' tag was created using gallons of walnut ink, my back-asswards Cuttlebug embossing folder, and some metal edged tags.

I layered the tags so that the embossed patterns matched up, punched out three butterflies, tied on some walnut ink stained string, and finis! Down and dirty, quick and easy!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

This neighborhood used to be such a nice, quiet boondocks ... usually the only excitement we have is when someones horses escape ... or the infrequent Polo-pony-napping.

But just yesterday, a couple of kids in the neighborhood were arrested; one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks.

They charged one and let the other one off ...

Seriously.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Walnut Ink
  • Accessories: Metal-Edge Tags; Cotton String
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; A2 Embossing Folder; Butterfly Punch; Corner Rounder Punch; Dimensionals

23 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

Lol, Deb you really crack me up with your posts...I so look forward to seeing them each day. Love what you do with paper, ink scissors and stamps too!! XX

Tina said...

Holy cow, I adore this. The color is so rich. And, those butterflies rock!

Suzanne said...

Wow! Love It!
Hugs Suze x

Ann said...

LOVE the tag. Your jokes are fun!

Allison said...

Your jokes are getting downright scary...ha ha! Gorgeous work...what do you do with all these tags, BTW?

Annapurna said...

me. I am scared of it. Reminds me of something piratey. Not sure why. But I likey.

I will have to remember to read your jokes to my son everyday. He loves them.

Jamie Martin said...

Love the tag it's soooo pretty and you pick a great color :)

LiveLaughScrap said...

Love your work & sense of humor. You crack me up. Your photos are wonderful.
Lori
http://livelaughscrap-leedle.blogspot.com/

Carolyn Bounds said...

You are so funny! I really, really like this tag! Love all the brown and the butterflies. I think I want that back-asswards embossing folder and that gorgeous butterfly punch. Before finding your blog and ogling all your wonderful creations, I never even considered to use punches on a card. Yes, I know...I am a little slow, but eventually I'll catch on;o) Great tag, Deb!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, just been over to Carolyns blog and had another big sigh moment and then came of to your and gues what ?? another big sigh moment I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.

What can I say its perfect!!

Hugs

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the brown tag even if it is boring, I still love it. I got charged today too, I decided to change a burned out temp. reader in my oven and found out electricity should have been shut off. Wires and screwdrivers don't blend well. I had a hot flash ( kind of like the old days) but other then perhaps needing a haircut to remove the dead ends I am fine. Have a great weekend. Pat

Theresa said...

LOL, too funny! Love your tag. It is gorgeous. I don't know how you managed to make that color look elegant, but you did. Wow.

Elena said...

Deb, how do you find your inspiration! Fabulous work!
I would never think to use CB embossing this way! I love it!!!

malieta said...

Very pretty tag Deb! The background embossing and the butterflies are tops!!!
Very cute joke too...I got a jolt out of it! :)

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Oh Deb, this is soooooo gorgeous! I love the rich brown and the butterflies are AWESOME!

Diane.W. said...

HAHAHAHA!!! You're nuts!!! The tag is amazing,sooo pretty :o0x

wendyp said...

Wow! This tag is incredible!!! Love the added interest the 3 silver rings add. Awesome!!!

Shirley said...

Another wonderful creation and experience too! Love how you did the butterfly embellishments!

Anonymous said...

Wow Deb great tag but...uh your joke...well just say I think you need some new material..lol. Keep up the great work and keep the jokes coming.

Debbie/Phx AZ

stamp and scrape said...

This is fabulous! Love your tag.
Ros

Anne said...

Deb, if there is one thing you DON'T do, it's boring!! Trust me my lovely buddy, there is nothing whatsoever boring about you or the stuff you do!!!! And your tag is predicatably superb and inspiring! I will write to you over the next 24 hours and explain why I have been such a baaaaaaad blog buddy! {{blushing}} (but rest assured it ain't just you I've not visited - life huh!!!) {{{HUGS}}} for you and Thank You for playing along - I have so much to catch up on with your blog, I'm off for a toot!! xx

Mel M. M. M. said...

Love the browns together, so rich. You always do such crazy gorgeous things with embellishments. SO inspiring! :O) BIG monochromatic hugs!

Mel M. M. M. said...

P.S. How on earth did I miss national playdoh day???? I have actually had dinner parties that involved many people playing with play doh. (I know I'm a nut, LOL but we had a blast & only my black play doh got wrecked...) Play doh hugs