Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's Time for Some Blog Candy!

Pin It


Happy Sunday, boys and girls!

Ahhh, the sights and sounds of Fall in So. Florida! It's ... well ... electric!! And when it comes to electricity, ya might as well use it before ya lose it!

Close your eyes and drink it in: the buzz of table saws biting through 1/2" plywood, the whir of drill bits grindin' into concrete, the steady beat of falling hammers ring through the air ... the sweet scent of fresh-cut wood ... the feelin' of controlled panic is practically palpable!

And, then, the child-like wonder of living in a completely encased structure ... kinda like that scary cave you bravely explored when you were 8 ... minus the wide opening. Or, that tree fort you built one summer then realized too late that you'd forgotten to add windows. A dark and cozy love-nest, soft, quiet, candle-lit, with only one way in or out ... till the final screw is set. Then ... trapped.

Now, the wait. For the force of 4 million jack-hammers to start pounding away at your heavily mortgaged home ... keepin' an ever watchful eye to make sure the place isn't fillin' up with water. And then, you brave a sneak-peek out through the 1/2" peephole ... just in time to see your entire grove of mature fruit trees go sailin' by. Good times, I tells ya, GOOD times!

Yes, my dear imaginary friends, these are the sights and sounds of Fall in the tropics (sub-tropics for all you perfectionistas). And, as I fondly gaze around at my landscape, I can't help but think, "I hope my house is still standin' in this spot next week ..."*

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers!

'Cuz I'm so busy battenin' down the hatches (and we have 30+ oddball-sized hatches to batten ... together with lots of other w-a-y fun preparations), I thought it was time to give away some Diva Impressions rubber stamps. Not that one has anything to do with the other, but when do I ever let logic stand in my way?!? Right. Never.

I have four*~* bee-you-tea-full, brandy-new, deeply etched, unmounted, red rubber stamps from Diva Impressions to give away! And I'll add one more to the winner's packie prior to shipping. *~* So, five. Math: not just a good idea, it's the law!

And, since we're expecting a v-e-r-y important visitor, (Mr. H. Cane Ike), I'll leave this up until I'm back online ... after I get my power back. Knowing F P & L, that could take awhile! So, just keep entering every day until I post again** letting y'all know I'm back in action. DH.org'll chose a winner then.

THE DEETS: If you subscribe to my blog, or have your blog linked to mine, you can enter to win these stamps twice a day ... giving you lots o' chances to win! Even if you don't subscribe or link to my blog, you can still enter once a day. As always international visitors are welcome to enter ... I'll ship anywhere mail is haphazardly delivered.

Remember to check back to see if you've won. If I don't have power and can't get back online, just keep on entering! I'll have DH.org draw a number when I DO have power ... whenever that might be. And who knows, we may not get clobbered***!

So, go forth ... enter many times, and good luck!

And wish good luck on us, too! I jess hate searchin' all over the neighborhood for parts of my house ...

~Hugs,


*Really, I'm not THAT fussy; standing intact in any spot works ...

**I've got a couple of post automatically scheduled for the middle of next week jess so's you don't die of boredom visitin' my cob-webby ole blog! I'm not r-e-a-l-l-y back 'til I announce a winner, okeedokee?!?

***We are sooooooooooooooo due to get clobbered ...

51 comments:

julie king said...

oh, deb, i feel for you but also truly appreciate how you keep your great sense of humor intact during troubling times. your blog ALWAYS makes me smile!! here's hoping ike scoots on by without making an official visit!

Heather "Hev" said...

Well lets hope that your visitor misses his connection or runs out of energy before he arrives.... May as well keep humourous - you might need all the other emotions for after (but fingers crossed, not then either)

SmilynStef said...

Here's wishing you safety ... thanks for the chance at some very cool rubber.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Deb, you and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping your children (Babette, Marjorie, Rain, Ginger, Rosie, and Kitty) are protected from Mr. H. Cane Ike's hot, wet breath. Hopefully, he will lose much of his momentum before his expectd arrival in Florida. I am concerned for you my friend.

Big {{HUGS}}!!!
Carolyn

The Rubber Maid said...

Hope you will be fine through your rough weather. I get the scaries here in Michigan when we get tornado warnings and we watch green skies with absolute stillness until the winds start to pick up . Then I usually head for my basement and pray for the best...which is of course to be spared. Hope the same for your safety. Pat Love your Fall card.

Christine said...

Best wishes with those mean storms. I grew up in NJ and experienced a touch of the hurricane experience. Stay safe with your family and when it's okay again , we will be waiting for you!

stampinc said...

Wow I just can't believe all the hurricanes. WOW no one can breathe before the next one comes. You are in my prayers! What a sweetie to think of us out here in blog like with all you are going through to give a chance at some sweet candy. YOU TOTALLY ROCK! Thanks for a chance.

Annapurna said...

Hope Ike doesn't like your work as much as we do and try to take it all from you. Stay safe. Thanks for the opportunity for winning some of your awesome collection.

Margaret said...

Deb, now that you're living in the Bat Cave (can't you just hear the music....do do do do do do do do do......) you know Ike's gonna just clobber Cuba and leave us'n in Florida alone?

We've been living in the modified Bat Cave since we got back from Utah (took shutters off 3 windows, but left the rest up).

I'd say see you on the flip side, but that might NOT really be funny.

Tonniece said...

Hi Deb.

things sound so scary over there.
Sending you good Luck fairies to keep everyone safe.

Cyber hugs to you and yours

Debra said...

Hope Ike misses you!! I'll keep watching the weather and hoping it bypasses you. At least you've got a great sense of humor!!

Erika H. said...

I am hoping that you stay safe. Thanks for the opportunity to win this blog candy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the opportunity to win something and congratulations for such a great way to write and a great sense of humor. I hope the visitor does not feel at home. Stay safe and take care. Edelmira (arymlede@hotmail.com).

Anonymous said...

Deb I hope you and your DH stay safe. Better yet I hope this misses you all together. Thanks for the chance to win some goodies.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Anonymous said...

Oh actually Deb I hope that Ike takes a Turner away from you...get it Ike Turner..lol. Just a little humor to cheer you up hope it does.

Debbie/Phx AZ

stampinc said...

I'm a subscriber...whooo hooo!!! I get another chance at these cute stamps.

Paula's ponderings said...

Lol Deb, even in the face of adversity your humour comes shining through. My thoughts are with you all as Ike continues his rampage through your land and pray for your safety and hope you dont get blown too far from home. One point my dear..IMAGINARY friends?? We are REAL!! lol Take good care XX

Jennifer Hodge said...

Oh Deb how scary to be waiting for Hurricane Ike. I will add you to my prayer list. Please stay safe.

Jennifer Hodge said...

Here is #2 for today! I love the stamps that are being offered! Thanks for the chance to win!

malieta said...

Hey Deb,
I am so hoping that Ike "peters out" and become a tropical storm instead of a major hurricane!
You and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers!!
Stay safe and God Bless!!
Hugs
Risa:)

*Sally* said...

be safe and hope the damage isnt too bad.

I'd love to enter the candy, I already subscribe to your blog :)

Off to link you up on mine!

Julia Aston said...

Gosh Deb! hope you are all battened!! and I'll keep you and your house in my prayers!! hope all goes well for you!

thanks for the chance at these terrific stamps!

stampinc said...

Sweet to be able to have more chances to wins this wonderful stamps. Hope everything is going well with the storm.

stampinc said...

Here's my 2nd chance for the day. SWEET! Thanks

Char-The Mad Shopper said...

Hope things are calm there and that you do not get the worse of it.

Char-The Mad Shopper said...

Here is my 2nd entry as a subscriber. Can't believe you humor at this time. You are one strong Floridian.

*Sally* said...

I have left an award for you on my blog. You were the first person I thought of when I recieved it. I may not post comments often, but I subscribed and read every one of your posts!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I really appreciate you! You make us all smile in a crazy world... Oh yeah, thanks for running that stupid Challenge! Now I'm getting obsessed about it. I check out the numbers like every hour!!! tee hee

patty w said...

Hope you are safe!

Hugs!

Kathy said...

Thanks for the chance to win.

Diane.W. said...

Awww,Deb! You poor things,it must be a terrible experiance.I hope you are all ok & it passes you by.Thinking of you,take care :o)x

stampinc said...

Happy Tuesday!! Hope all it well in your neck of the woods.

stampinc said...

Here's my 2nd chance. The more I look at these stamps the more I NEED THEM!! :)

Carolyn Bounds said...

Deb,

Just checking in to let you know you are in my thoughts. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Miss you,
Carolyn:o)

patty w said...

SEcond chance...raining here!

Ana Baird said...

It's very kind of you Deb! Such a great candy!

patty w said...

Checking back in on ya, to see if you've surfaced yet :)

Anonymous said...

Deb - you are just waaaaayyy too funny. I subscribed to your blog because I loved your work, but I keep coming back to hear your stories. You should have been a writer. You are a constant source of amusement and amazement to me. I hope you all survived Ike ok, and that everything is in one piece or so...at least I want the blog candy to be OK. Count me in for the blog candy....Have a wonderful day.

Debi - Rittman, Ohio

Anonymous said...

Deb - you are just waaaaayyy too funny. I subscribed to your blog because I loved your work, but I keep coming back to hear your stories. You should have been a writer. You are a constant source of amusement and amazement to me. I hope you all survived Ike ok, and that everything is in one piece or so...at least I want the blog candy to be OK. Count me in for the blog candy....Have a wonderful day.

Debi - Rittman, Ohio

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Here I am again trying to win your awesome blog candy! Hope you are safe. Let us hear from you soon K?

Elena said...

Hello Deb! I wish you the best! I will worry about and your family...
Hope everything will be all right!

Suzy said...

Wow I really hope you are doing okay! I came to ask for pics of the AAE eyeshadow on you but I guess you have more important stuff than makeup going on! Stay safe!

Suzy

patty w said...

How are you ? Where are you ? :)

candy said...

pick me! pick me! I put a little link on my artsy blog list.

:)
candy

patty w said...

I think I'm losing count of when I've been here!

Can't wait for you to get back into action !

Jennifer Hodge said...

I am just entering again....and I love your Call Me card!

Jennifer Hodge said...

Love the bonus of being a subscriber.....thanks for the second chance!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Just trying to win your cool blog candy! ;-)

Sock Monkey Greetings said...

I'm a blog subscriber (have been for awhile). Unfortunately I am just reading my blog emails today. Not sure if you drew a winner yet or not but figured I'd put my name in the hat just incase.
I hate the winters in Vermont but I'm glad we don't have to worry about Hurricanes, tornados or earth quakes. But you can think of me in February when it's 20 below zero and you are enjoying the 75 degree weather.

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Happy Friday!!! Hope to win your blog candy (and the stupid challenge)!

Erica B. said...

I hope Ike runs out of fuel before he gets to you. It must be so hard to see your garden torn apart! Crossing my fingers for you!