Friday, September 19, 2008

I Can Stop Any Time I Want!

Pin It



I just love this stamp! Did I mention that before? Come Fall, I find myself using it over and over. Don't worry; I can quit usin' any time I want ...

This is a super-simple design to CASE. I used a stamp positioner to stamp my sentiment on a strip of pumpkin-colored card stock, then distressed the edges.

I loaded my loverly old stamp with Versamark, then tapped on Close to My Heart dye inks in "Sunflower," "Garden Green," and "Hollyhock," and embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut out the image, and a scallop edge mat, then mounted the image using dimensionals.

Lastly, I added some metal arrow photo turns and some terracotta brads ... easy-peasy and ready to serve in just ... 22 minutes!

So, the DH went to the doctor the other day for his annual physical. In passing, he mentioned to his doctor that he had a song stuck in this head ... and had for a couple of days. I hate it when that happens ...

The doctor asked him which song.

The DH told him it was an old song called, "The Green, Green Grass of Home."

Suddenly serious, the doctor told the DH that it sounded like 'Tom Jones Syndrome'.

"What?!? Are you kidding?" the DH asked, then, " ... is it rare?"

"Well," his doctor replied, "it's not unusual."

Seriously.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Lexicon of Love" by Stampin' Up!; "Falling Leaves" by Alias Smith and Rowe
  • Ink: Versamark Watermark; Dye Inks from Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Arrow Photo Turns; Terracotta Brads from Close to My Heart; Clear Embossing Powder
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies; Heat Gun; Paper Distresser; Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA;

14 comments:

Tina said...

This is quite the lovely specimen. It's gorgeous Deb.

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card,crazee lady,lol!!!! :o)x

Paula's ponderings said...

Those jokes are even older than me...it's the way you tell 'em I have tears rolling down my cheeks with laughter which is causing some concern among my fellow workers who can see me from where they are sitting..Im in my office..alone..rocking with laughter... I love your card, they are most favourite colours (cos they are the ones I can wear!) and thank you so much for the lovely message you left on my blog..you rock too lady and I will, I WILL go IN for a challenge!!XX

Tonniece said...

LOL!!!! With life getting in the way these past few weeks, visiting you is just what the doctor ordered, a good laugh to start the day. And you never fail to please.

love all the cards and tags Deb(just getting caught up here, Hangs head in shame). But then that goes without saying.
CAUSE ALL YOUR CREATIONS ARE AWESOME.

Have a great friday, and an even better weekend

Hugs
Tonniece

wendyp said...

Very pretty! Loving those fall colors!

Annapurna said...

No you can't :-) Very nice colors and stamping. If you did orange mat on the brown side, it would have stood out more, granted you like standing out more.

Allison said...

Love your fall card but your jokes...yeesh!

Marlou said...

fabulous card!!! and LOL the joke was very witty :) :) :)

Shirley said...

Wow, a really gorgeous Autumn card. The colors are just so vibrant and warm too!

Lisa said...

Oh Deb, I just laughed so hard I nearly split my sides...its the way you tell it!!

Another fab card by the way and yeah of course you can stop anytime you want!! NOT!!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Ummm... Am I the one who has to tell you "not to quit your day job"? lol! I guess you're always this crazy, huh? I hope so. About your pretty card, I love how you used the arrows. I 've ssen them but then have never had even a spark of an idea of how to use them. Yours looks awesome!

Elena said...

Love the elegant style of your card! These colors are my favourite! Love the metal errows!
Your stories are great!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Oooooo...pretty, pretty, soooo very pretty! I love how you make those leaves look real. Another beauty, Deb!!

Big HUGS!
Carolyn

Mel M. M. M. said...

Wow this orange is SO lovely and lively. Love the arrows and distressing... now tom jones... maybe... lol. Huuuuuugs!