Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dare to B Fabulous! Not You, Though: YOU Already Are ...

Pin It



Today's card project was created for the "Stamping Challenges to Love" bling challenge, but I got distracted, (oh, look, something shiny!), and didn't get it posted in time. So, I'm sharing it with you. Just you.

All the DP used here is from DCWV's "Rock Star" collection ... a kewl collection to have kickin' around; especially if you have teenagers. 'Cuz this is like, "rad" ... or something ...

ONward-Hoarding-Card-Makers:

There's nothin' better than a multi-purpose greeting card: I could send it to any one of you, my fabulous imaginary friends, OR use it as a girly-girl Halloween card. I {heart} this kewl skull bling from MAMBI; I also {heart} the glitzy-and-shiny flowers from the always amazin' Mel. I also {heart} Mel. What I don't {heart} is applyin' these four-part, self-adhesive skulls ...

The chicken wire stamp is from Art Impressions and the ticket stamp is a self-mounted job I snagged years ago on eBay. I think it's from Limited Edition but I wouldn't bet my bling on it ...

I mounted the skull bling on a black mini-file folder, die cut two "B" letters, notch-punched the corners, clipped the word from the DP, added some ribbon, and mounted everything on dimensionals. [breathe ...]

Okay, now this is scary: today is "National Beheading Day!" Yikes, I sure hope they mean marigolds!! Ummm, does anyone besides me think it's spooky that I posted a skull on National Beheading Day? I honestly didn't know that when I started this post ... honest! No, really-honest-honest!

On that cheerful note, I'll take my leave ... I hope you'll be-headin' back to my blog again tomorrow!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: "Raven" by Bazzill Basics
  • Designer Paper: "Rock Star" by DCWV
  • Stamps: "Chicken Wire" by Art Impressions; "Dare Ticket," Unknown
  • Ink: Black "Jet Black" Archival (My New Favorite Black Ink ... thanks Anna!)
  • Accessories: Skull Bling by MAMBI; Glitzy Flowers; Grosgrain Ribbon; DMC Embroidery Floss; Silver Brads
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Alphabet Die; Mini-File Folder; Notch Punch; Glue Pen; Scrap Fusion; Dimensionals

PS: I'm continuing to add stamps, stamping catalogs, and stamping magazines to my eBay store. I've also just listed an unmounted pop-up template for making fun pop-up cards! Most auctions start at just .99, and shipping is very reasonable. If you're interested in purchasing stamps ( ... interested?!?), you just might find a treasure. Click HERE to check 'em out ... my homeless stamps thank you.

14 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

I am not usually a skull and bones kinda gal, but you won me over on with this one! A super "kewl" card!!! Love it:o)

Tina said...

Wowsa, this is simply fabulous! Love all the bling and even the skull.

Lisa said...

Hi Deb, really cool card. have given my blog a makeover, hope u can pop by and let m know ur thoughts.

Annapurna said...

Very cool! This is fabulous. The pink and the skulls are growing on me. The chicken wire looking paper with skulls is even more awesome.

I think you wouldn't have hated putting the bling skull so much if you laid the bling sticky side up and after shape adjustments, laying your CS on top of it. That is what I do when I have big long acrylic stamps that will try to curl up.

Suzy said...

Dear Deb,
Thank you so much for the eye candy - wow this card is rockin' and so fun! I love every perfectly placed detail!

Thank you so much for the kind comments on my blog - you made me blush, and made my guy ask how much I paid you to say I'm brilliant ha. He got a pinch for that.

have a great evening,
Suzy

patty w said...

NO, you are !! (fabulous) :)

Deb said...

Absolutely Fabulous, kewl and like totally rad, love the colors letters, skull. everything!!

Allison said...

So cool...like you! T loved your flower kids!

joybear said...

I jumped over here from Wendy's blog..glad I did! AWESOME cards beautiful "kids" Love LOVE love Kitty!

savy said...

Hey Deb! Your biggest 10 year old fan LOVES this. He says it's "highly piratical." His Mom likes it, too :-)

Shirley said...

The card is beautiful, Deb, and you are too funny!

Tonniece said...

Wow, after being MIA, it feels so great to come back to all this eye candy.
This is so pretty, and I am not a skulls kind a gal.

Happy Saturday Deb

Mel M. M. M. said...

Blingalicious you sweet heart you! That four part skeleton sounds tricksy but it looks completely gorgeous Precious! (said in my best gollum voice) You make those lil ol flowers look SO divine! Love the wat you did the sentiment too, WOW! OXO Gollumugs

malieta said...

What a cool and hip card...I love it!!! (especially the chicken wire stamp!)