Saturday, September 13, 2008

Two Hearts as One ... Ribbon Sold Separately

Pin It



So, how's your Cartoon Day workin' out so far? Mine's okay but it could be better: I'm havin' a heck of a time finding a Rocky & Bullwinkle that's not a rerun ...

ONWARD Hoarding-Card-Makers:

So, I'm really in love with the detail in this kewl Inkadinkado background stamp; it looks just like lace. Oh, and I love the name, "Inkadinkado," too, don't you? Hey, poetry!

In fact, I purposefully buy stamps from Inkadinkado jess so I can say, "Oh, this old thing?!? It's an Inka-Dinka-Do!" So, that's my excuse for buying Inka's. My rationale for buying Stampin' Up rubber is that they're, "investment stamps." I have excuses for other brands that I pull out when necessary.

I stamped both of my images with Staz-On solvent ink, then double mounted 'em, wrapped a grosgrain ribbon around the middle and thru a metal double-heart brad.

In order to make my background fit on my mats, I trimmed off a strip and used it on the inside of my card:

See?

TIP: Always save your trimmed off strips! If you're not thrilled about using them on the inside of your card, you can also use them to embellish your envelope. Not for you? How about using the excess stamped images for punchies, brad washers, photo corners, faux photo turns, and, of course, tiny mats!

So, hey, I hear we're getting a professional baseball team down here! The word is that the new team will be called "Humidity." I like it! Now disgruntled fans here in Florida can say, "It's not the Heat that's so bad, it's the Humidity."

~Sportingly,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Lace" by Inkadinkado; Sentiment by Vickie Enkoff
  • Ink: "Ultramarine" Staz-On by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Entwined Hearts Brad
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Die; Scrap Fusion PA; Dimensionals

20 comments:

Tonniece said...

very soft and elegant, if I do say so myself, and I do.
Love it Deb.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle.

Happy Saturday

wendyp said...

gorgeous! Deb, you do such beautiful work!!!

I love the name Inkadinkado too, LOL! Its one of those words that just make you smile when you say it. =)

Suzanne said...

Ooh, I just love that Lace Background Stamp...........Do Inkadinkadoo still sell it or is too old?
Hugs Suze x

Tina said...

Heavens Deb, this is just stunning. The colors are just incredible.

Theresa said...

Gorgeous, elegant card! I love that stamp!

Sock Monkey Greetings said...

When I first looked at the card I thought it was actually lace. Then I read your blog post and realized it was a stamp. Beautiful stamp and another beautiful card by you. Thanks for sharing!

Maggie R said...

Hi Deb,
I LOVE this card.... and I also will remember your tip about using the leftover strips for the inside of the card or the envelope.... Great idea,
Thanks..... now when I enter my next life and have more time I will try it! hee hee
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Julie Koerber said...

Ok... you make me laugh girlie! GO HUMIDITY!!! GO! Ok, enough of that! Your card is really, really pretty! I love that background stamp--too beautiuous! I have to dig out some background stamps and play today!!! ;-)

Annapurna said...

Me lovey that background stamp. Where can I get one? What brand is it?;-) How much is it?
Beautiful card as always. You are toning down from your vintage style these days and likes me that :-)

Ann said...

BEE-YEW-TEE-FUL!!! Love this card!

I always think of Jimmy Durante when I say "Inkadinkado," so you know how old that makes ME!

Diane.W. said...

Luvin that lacy stamp,Deb!!! Your card is beautiful :o)x

Lisa said...

Hey Deb, this is sooooo pretty... really love the inside too, nice finishing touch.

Hugs

malieta said...

At first glance I thought I was looking at lace!!!! What a gorgeous stamp and your card is beautiful!!!!!
Great tips too:)

Shirley said...

Love the whole card and that brad is just wonderful! Humidity never bothers me so maybe the team should come here. Oh, really, Deb, now I'm doing it too! You are catching!!! TFS

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I LOVE elegant cards, and that lace background is a show stopper! Gorgeous work, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, since discovering your blog a couple of weeks ago I have loved every single time you post - I laugh out loud at the comments and think your work is truly beautiful. I'm new to all this blogging and being British I'm usually reserved and quite happy to sit back and enjoy but not comment but I really felt compelled to let you know what a lovely boost you give me each time. Keep up the good work
Sue Ingram
sa.ingram@btinternet.com

Anonymous said...

Deb this is such a beautiful and elegant card love the lace. Also love the tip about using the trimmings thanks.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Anonymous said...

Deb this is such a beautiful and elegant card love the lace. Also love the tip about using the trimmings thanks.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Elena said...

Vey elegant, romantic, soft and beautiful! I couldn't believe it is a stamp! I thought it is a lace!

Mel M. M. M. said...

No way! How did you get that stamp to look so amazing? (I know it's a great stamp. I tried to hunt it down unsuccessfully ages ago) but you rocked it BIG time. Lovely lovely lovely!!! :O) Heeheeehee humidity. They gots some of that in Ontario too. The wedding was full of sweaty hugs. S'all good though. Worth the hugs GRIN! :O) Glad everything is ok and your house is not in OZ!