Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grateful for Fall ... Who? Not Me!

Pin It



Why? 'Cuz Fall in South Florida means two things: tourists ... and hurricanes. I can't decide which is worse. LOLO, I kid, it's easy to decide which is worse: tourists.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created using fall-like-ish images from Close to My Heart and Hero Arts.

I loaded my leaf image using Versamark, tapped on dye ink, then heat embossed with clear powder. Rinse, lather, and repeat. I stamped my sentiment in the same manner.

I embellished the card with silver hinges, brads, grosgrain ribbon, and a ribbon slide, and popped my sentiment up on black dimensionals. Easy-peasy-almost-too-easy!

Sooooooo, I went to the mall with my friend Sheila yesterday and as we were walking back to the car, I noticed a huge dog walking toward us.

"Wowza," I said, "look at that dog with one eye!"

Sheila covered one of her eyes and said, "Where?"

Seriously.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Fall" by Hero Arts; Sentiment by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: Versamark Watermark; Close to My Heart Dye Inks
  • Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder; Silver Hinges; Brads; Grosgrain Ribbon; Ribbon Slide
  • Tools: Heat Gun; Spellbinder's Dies; Scrap Fusion PA; Dimensionals

15 comments:

Diane said...

Super lovely fall card!!
Funny dog story,lol!

Tina said...

Such incredible colors, very vivid. Love the hardware too.

Beverley and Carol said...

Deb...I just discovered your wonderful blog while visiting over at Allisons...this card is absolutely wonderful...and the hinges are a great touch...I will have to try that out very soon... I must say very...very nice projects...I will be back often for more inspiration...thank you for sharing these ideas and inspiring us.

Stampin' HUGS
Beverley

Carolyn Bounds said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the hinges and that pretty ribbon slide! I also loved your silly story:o)

Lisa said...

Oh Deb, I have just let out the biggest sigh of delight when I saw your latest creation.

Its so elegant, smooth lines and sophisticated detail.

Hugs

Lisa
X

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I love those hinges!!! The way you did your bow is pretty dang awesome too.

Shirley said...

What a pretty Fall card Deb! I can't tell you which is worse either. I lived in Reno all my life until 5 years ago and never saw tourists unless I went downtown which was hardly ever. The hurricanes here really unnerve me. I said I would rather be afraid of earth quakes instead of hurricanes and tornadoes. Beautiful card though.

Annapurna said...

I have 8 hinges left of the 50 or so we bought from clearance. Can you guess what I did with them?

Rinse, lather, and repeat process really helped the leaves pop.

I didn't get the joke at first as usual. Very funny:-)

Allison said...

Just gorgeous Deb...love the autumnal vibe!

Curt in Carmel said...

Super card! I LOVE the hinges! Great touch. I almost thought that you could lift them up and find a sentiment under each! Also, LOL at the mall thing with the dog! LOVE your zingers. Hope you are well, Deb! Best, Curt

Elena said...

Gorgeous card! Love the hinges!

malieta said...

Very pretty Fall card Deb! You are the queen of embossing and the added hardware is a perfect embellishment!!
Take care and have a wonderful evening:)

Diane.W. said...

Luvly card & those hinges are great :o)x

LeAnne said...

Love these fall images and what you've done with them---and the dog joke too! :D
LeAnne

wendyp said...

wowsers!!! I'm not sure how I missed this one. Those leaves just pop!!!! Awesome!