Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And It's a Cereal Too ...

Pin It


Today's card project was created using stamps and designer papers from Close to My Heart ... and some vintage ephemera from my vast collection. Well, it's more like half-vast ...

I kill me ...

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers!

I stamped the distressed fishes on a scallop border cut from a page in a book published in 1894, then embossed with Distress embossing powder.

The sentiment was stamped on Vintage Cream card stock with "Timber Brown" Staz-On, cut out with a Nestie and mounted with dimensionals on the brown card stock.

I looped natural jute around the card, and adhered it to my card using silver prong studs. I tied more jute around the rows, frayed the ends, and finis!

Okay, I made a startling math discovery today. Frankly, it was pretty startling to find myself even thinking about math, but ... Okay, here it is:


  1. "Squirrels" x "Hoard" = Nuts (a x b = c)
  2. "Stampers" x "Hoard" = Nuts (a x b = c)
Now I remember next to nothing about math but I DO remember being taught that math is a science, an exact science. Uh oh, the DH can't be right:

  1. Me: "OMiGosh, I love that new BasicGrey collection; I simply HAVE to have it!!"
  2. DH: "You're gonna buy MORE paper? You don't even use the paper you already have!"
  3. Me: "But this is different paper; I don't have any of this paper!"
  4. DH: "Okay. Tell me what you're goin' to do with THIS particular paper?
  5. Me: "Umm, well, I'm not sure right now but I'll definitely use it. A lot!"
  6. DH: "No, you won't, you'll hoard it."
  7. Me: "Ummm ... "
  8. DH: "You're nuts."

Well, we may be nuts, but we're cute, right?!?

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; you rock!!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Perfect Day" by Close to My Heart
  • Stamps: "Relax" Collection by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: Distress Embossing Ink; "Timber Brown" Staz-On; Fluid Chalk Ink
  • Accessories: Silver Brads; Natural Jute; Silver Prong Studs; Distress Embossing Powder
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies; Slit Punch; Threading Water Punch; Scrap Fusion PA; Dimensionals
  • Other: Vintage Ephemera

18 comments:

Tina said...

Deb, you totally crack me up. Love all the details you put into this one.

Annapurna said...

Oooh fishies. Can I have some to hoard?

Beautiful colors and all the elements you added are awesome. And there is your threading water punched border. Perfect. You tore up a valuable book?

Hilmarose said...

ROFLMBO!!!! YOu are sooo funny.... I must be bad because I have that conversation with MYSELF!!!! Usually the "buy it" wins!!!!

Joan said...

I love your card and your logic!!!!!Joan

candy said...

this is really pretty, and you're really funny!

:)
candy

candy said...

this is really pretty, and you're really funny!

:)
candy

http://u2robles.blogspot.com/
u2robles@sbcglobal.net

Theresa said...

LOL. Love the conversation with your DH. Your card rocks!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Note to self: "Life is both a journey AND a breakfast cereal". Good to know. ;-) Your card is as nicely done as usual!

Allison said...

How fun! You did such a good job here!

And I need all that paper too! Hence, I will create like a madwoman to justify it in my own head!

Mel M. M. M. said...

You ROCK the fishies! You are so brave to stamp right on the page of that book. It was worth it. This is stunning. Those colours... the way the leaves are floating...the sentiment... WOWZAH!

PS. if you are nuts it is the kind of nuts that is the same as genius----Genius nuts you say? Where do they grow those?...... in Palm Beach, FLorida! ;o) huggernutters

Julia Aston said...

Super card! love the fish and fun twine - great use of an old book page!

Carolyn Bounds said...

You are too funny!!! I REALLY needed that laugh:o)

I love the card, especially the sentiment (even though it is a cereal too). So many of us do get caught up in the "are we there yet" mentality that we forget to enjoy the here and now...Lately, I have been guilty of that myself. Your gorgeous card made me snap out of that mindset. Thanks for the chuckle and the reality check:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Erica B. said...

Are you sure that wasn't a conversation between me & my hubby?

Tonniece said...

LOL, you are off the wall funny. That a gal, keep the hubster on his toes.LOL

Tonniece said...

LOL, you are off the wall funny. That a gal, keep the hubster on his toes.LOL

Tonniece said...

LOL, you are off the wall funny. That a gal, keep the hubster on his toes.LOL

malieta said...

Very cute card Deb and I love all the detailing!!!!

Lisa said...

Simply fab Deb. You talented lady U