Monday, September 29, 2008

Up Schlitz Creek Without a Paddle ...

Pin It



Hey, there you are! Allow me to be the first, perhaps the only, person to wish you a happy "Poisoned Blackberries Day!" Which doesn't sound good at all, but, I don't write 'em, I just repeat 'em! My advice? Don't take blackberries from strangers today ... or from your friends.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created for my cousin-in-law's birthday. He's a fisherman AND he lives on Schlitz Creek! Seriously. The creek feeds into the Indian River, which is part of the Intracoastal Waterway. The DH goes up there to fish with him all the time and let me tell you: the fishin' is good up Schlitz's creek!

I used my Stamp-o-Graph to position, stamp, color, and restamp my vintage "Uptown" stamp. I love these old woodcut-style stamps; lots of detail and very unique ... but they're getting really hard to find anymore.

I colored my "Schlitz's Creek" image using Koh-I-Noor pencils, blending with Gamsol and a paper stump. The sentiment, from Close to My Heart's May Stamp-of-the-Month, was embossed with copper embossing powder on Vintage Cream card stock.

Using a rectangular Nestie, I cut out an opening on my card front, and mounted the stamped focal image on foam tape inside the card.

Finally, I tied on some vintage cotton twine and ... finis! Easy-peasy-up-Schlitz's-Creek-breezy!

So, the DH got home r-e-a-l-l-y late last night. I waited up and by the time he came home, I was stompin' mad!

"Okay, Mister, what's your excuse for coming home at this hour?"

"Oh," he shrugged, "I was out golfing with Bob."

"Right," I snapped, "at 2 a.m?!?"

"Duh, Deb," he answered, "we used night clubs."

What I put up with ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Canoe" by Uptown Rubber Stamps; Sentiment by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: Archival Black by Ranger; Versamark Watermark
  • Accessories: Copper Embossing Powder by Copper Kate; Vintage Twine
  • Tools: Koh-I-Noor Woodless Colour Pencils; Gamsol; Blending Stump; Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Dies; Heat Gun; Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA

11 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card,Deb.Luv the tag & twine :o)x

Tina said...

Amazing!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Great "guy" card Deb!

Tonniece said...

BE-U-Tee-Ful, Deb. Love the colors wow!

Happy Monday

Lisa said...

What a great card deb, very cleverly thought out, I am sure the recipient will be very pleased
Hugs

Lisa
X

Elena said...

Wow! Great card! Love you very clever way and very inspirational style! The cotton twine looks very natural and goes together so well with the card! I love this card! I would even frame it!
Deb, I promise I will not eat poison blackberries! Love your jokes!

Shirley said...

Okay, Deb, where do you get the names for these days, or do I want to know? LOLOL The card is perfect and so is your husband!!! for you he has all of the right answers so we won't be bored. Don't tell him that!!!

Deb said...

Fabulous card Deb! Love the title!! Isn't that a beer too? Poisoned Blackberries Day to you as well!!

malieta said...

What a beautiful card Deb! I love all the details and this is a perfect masculine card!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Awesome scene. Lovin' that vintage twine! :O)

Carolyn Bounds said...

Great card! It belongs in a frame more than an envelope...a real work of art! I love how you cut out the opening on the front of the card; it gives it such wonderful dimension. Your cousin-in-law is going to love it!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn