Thursday, September 25, 2008

Three 15 Minute Projects ='s Three Thanksgiving Day Cards

Pin It



Hey, there you are! Did you know that today is National Comic Book Day?!? Well, it is ... now go forth and admit that you still read comics. I would, if I did, but I don't ... so I won't. Even if I did ... which I do.

Today's trio of Thanksgiving cards were created as samples for a card customer. This particular customer likes her cards two ways: plain or simple ... or both. She chose another sample for her T-day cards, so I'm sharing the rejects with you today. Yes, you're worth more than card rejects but they're not really rejects ... just unwanted. Totally different ... I think.

I stamped my floral images, from the now-retired "Blossom Blocks" set by
Close to My Heart, and my sentiment from "Say it in Style," CTMH's May Stamp-of-the-Month, with dye inks on Vintage Cream card stock. I added some v-e-r-y simple embellishments, including those cute button punchies and SU's new Mini-Library Clips.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes ... each.

So, yesterday, on my way to the Village, I waited in stopped-dead traffic for 30 minutes ... why? I'm glad you asked! I waited for a large and lovely flock of peacocks to cross the road ... and I couldn't help but wonder: why did the chickens peacocks cross the road ... and ... why don't I keep my camera in my car?


It seems like every time I have to run down to the Village, I am accosted by the same panhandler, who always asks me for $1.00.

So yesterday, totally exasperated (prolly 'cuz I sat in peacock traffic for a half an hour), I asked him sarcastically, "Why do you ask me for $1.00 every day? Why not ask me for $100* and be done with it!?!"

"I didn't think it wise to put all my begs in one ask-it," he replied.

Seriously.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink; Speciality Card Stock
  • Stamps: Close to My Heart
  • Ink: Close to My Heart Dye Inks
  • Accessories: SU Mini Library Clips; Raffia; Double-Ended-Curly-Ended-Swirl-Thingie; Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Dies; Button Punch; Dimensionals

*That was a rhetorical question ...

19 comments:

Diane.W. said...

3 Beautiful cards,the image is very pretty :o)x

Paula's ponderings said...

They are very pretty cards and I would want them and nurture them and look at them daily. Well having just stopped myself falling of my chair laughing at your begs in one ask it joke, I guess I had better pass it on! Thanks again for bringing a great big grin to my face :)

Elena said...

15 minutes! Wow!!! You are very talented!!! I spend sometimes a day just to find the wright paper...
Your cards are very beautiful! Love the button punch1 a little clip is so cute!!! The crimple paper looks great!!! Thank you Deb for your inspiration!

Tina said...

They are incredible! And, only 15 minutes makes them even better.

Tonniece said...

Rejects? NOT.
Love all three, and the 15 min. thing still boggles my mind.

Happy Thursday Deb

Annapurna said...

Is there anyway you can post the accepts too? Except for the clips, I think these are perfect for plain and simple.
Love the colors used.

malieta said...

Very beautiful and clean cards Deb! I love the colors and the simple embellishments...very lovely!
hugs
Risa:)

Carolyn Bounds said...

These are beautiful, Deb. I cannot believe they were unwanted. I guarantee that someone would love to give each of them a new home...where they would be loved and appreciated:o) I love the colors and the dainty embellishments.

Hugs!
Carolyn

malieta said...

I forgot to mention that I have tagged you!
You are a very talented and funny lady Deb and I'm sure your readers would love to know more about you!
I know I do and I hope you play along:)
hugs
Risa

Shirley said...

You are so funny. Pick him up and take him to the nearest homeless shelter. I have been tempted. Don't do it, just give him directions. LOL Unwanted sounds like rejection to me. LOLOL Love all of your cards. Isn't that just like a woman, too many choices and she picks something else.

Allison said...

These are lovely Deb...great stamp!

Deb said...

Very pretty Deb and you're too funny!!

Margaret said...

Deb, the cards are lovely. I hope they don't feel self-conscious because they're the rejects.

As for the joke: GROAN!! And my complete sympathy on the peacocks & peahens. Fort Pierce actually has chicken police who periodically have to go out and round up the wild fowl downtown.

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Nicely done! I like the different ways you embellished them.

SmilynStef said...

Love them all ... especially the buttons.

Lisa said...

Wow Deb.. these are really beautifull I love the simple understated elegance of them... sometimes less really is more.

Another big sigh of adoration!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too, much appreciated.

Hugs

Lisa

Lisa said...

Wow Deb.. these are really beautifull I love the simple understated elegance of them... sometimes less really is more.

Another big sigh of adoration!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too, much appreciated.

Hugs

Lisa

Curt in Carmel said...

These are some gorgeous rejects Deb! I love the stamp you used. The colors are wonderful, and these certainly don't look like 15 minute cards! Beautiful! Best, Curt

Mel M. M. M. said...

heehee begs in an ask-it. You are WAY too fun. I love these colours against the white. It looks so fresh. All your details are super adorable as usual. Faux buttons?! You paper-genius you! :O) HUGerooz!