Monday, July 14, 2008

A Basket Full of (Edible) Flowers ='s Two Challenge Entries

Pin It


Okay, the reason I put "edible" in the post title ^, is because: 1.) nasturtiums actually are edible ... (they're supposed to be nasturtiums ... please humor me); and, b.) I'm tryin' to qualify for this week's One Powerful Hour blog challenge. Oh, and also for Sharon's "Stamp Simply" challenge. Sharon's theme this week is to "Give Thanks," which has nothing to do with edible flowers but has everything to do with the sentiment I stamped. So, today's card project is a twofer!

I just discovered (Annapurna hooked me up), One Powerful Hour's challenge blog and I love the ground rules: you must complete your piece from start to finish in just 1 hour, including cleaning up after yourself. Since I'm the self-appointed Queen of the 15 Minute project, I had to play along. This week's theme is "Food and/or Beverage" ... hence, the edible flowers.

I created my "basket" by weaving Bazzill card stock strips together ... like we did in first grade, 'member? Then, using various craft punches, I created the flowers and leaves and glued them down on the card stock.

Here's a closer look:

Or, for a ginormous look, simply click on the image.

My sentiment was stamped on Xerox 110# card stock using a stamp from Papertrey Ink using Timber Brown Staz-On solvent ink, die cut it, and mounted it on a piece of looped ribbon.

Tomorrow, I'll give you all the details regarding what Julie Koerber and I have hatched up ... so, check back then ... and make note of what CD you're listening to in your home, car, or studio, okeedokee?!?

Thanks so much for spending part of your Monday with me; YKYR!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill Basic, DCWV, and Xerox 110#; Stamp: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Staz-On; Pencil: Prismacolor; Markers: Zig; 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; Die: Large Classic Oval Set by Spellbinder's; Die-Cut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft; Various Craft Punches; Adhesives: Scotch ATG 714 and "The Ultimate" by Api



12 comments:

Joan said...

This card is fantastic Deb. You are the master of creating paper flowers!!!! I love the little basket too. I must pop over and check out this power hour....I'm not always speedy but that's where the challenge is then, isn't it. (I'm obsessed with always cleaning up after myself though!!) Have a great day. JOAN

Annapurna said...

Who needs a stamp when a stamp needs a cleanin....Now you have me stuck on this song. Do you know which one?

It wasn't a requirement in my first grade. May be that is why I have trouble with it.

Great job with the card and flowers.

wendyp said...

Wow!!! Love this! Those flowers and basket are just stunning!

I'm off to go check out those blogs. I'm quickly becoming addicted to challenges, lol! tfs!

Hev said...

I love what you have done here!
Definitely multi-challenging ;)
Have a nice day :)

Mel M. M. M. said...

I keep thinking she can't get any better and you DO! Everything you make is astounding. These look exactly like nasturtiums. I knew the second I looked at them what you meant by edible. They taste good hey? Peppery. :0)

P.S. thank you SO much for pointing out the link. Truth of the matter is I forgot to do it. (Sleep deprivation=my duh) P.P.S. I just changed my profile pic this morning. You are ON the ball girlfriend! ;o) Can't wait to see what you cook up next!

cmoh said...

WOW...you did this fabulous card in an hour! That is amazing and yes, of course edible flowers count :) that's the kind of thinking I love to see...creativity pushing the boarder!

Thank you so much for joining the challenge...looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous art!

Allison said...

Gorgeous Deb...your paper piecing creations are awesome!

malieta said...

Talk about cute....your flowers and basket are awesome!!! I love the way you make your flowers, they are so real looking and the basket is the cutest Deb!!!
You should do well with this new site because you are the queen of quick and pretty cards!!!

theysaywordscanbleed said...

that is such a pretty card!

arlene,
East Bremerton florist

Tonniece said...

Good heavens, you are the girl today. So many chellenges in one, and you still create a stunning card In 15 mnis. when you have an hr. to do it in.
Amazeing.
Seriously great card, love it.

Angelnorth said...

They sure look like nasturtiums to me! Fabulous colours and textures - love it!

Tina said...

So pretty and quite inventive. Lovely!