Saturday, July 19, 2008

Little Blessings Make Life a Joy ...

Pin It


Today's card project was created for no good reason except that I wanted to color it use this stamp! And speaking of this stamp, does anyone know who manufactured it? I've had it for-evuh and it's unmounted so I haven't a clue.

These designer papers were hangin' out on my worktable from a recent project and, since they had to be stowed away in my paper cupboard, I decided I'd rather use 'em than put them away. Talk about lazy craftin', huh?!? But if you ever saw my paper cupboard, you'd know exactly how much of a chore it is putting paper back in an organized fashion. And when I say "organized" I mean filing them by manufacturer and then by color. Just a little OCD'ish, huh?

I stamped my image on Xerox 110# card stock, then colored it in using Copic markers. Using a cloud template and Sky Blue fluid chalk ink, I added clouds behind the flyin' angel. You have to click on the image to see the clouds ... and even then they're hard to discern.

I cut out my stamped image with a die from Nesties Large Classic Ovals and matted it on lavender card stock using dimensionals.

Finally, I added a lavender binder clip, some 1/4" wide grosgrain ribbon, four brads, four photo corners and, finis!!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your day with me ... and have a great weekend: you deserve it!

~Hugs,



Card Stock: Bazzill, Xerox 110#; Designer Papers: Making Memories and Deja Views; Stamp: Unknown; Inks: "Black Soot" Distress Ink by Ranger, Colorbox "Sky Blue" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; Color Medium: Copic Markers; Brads: Unknown, Found in Mt. Brad; Binder Clip: Unknown, Found in Mt. Binder Clip; Photo Corner Punch: Stampin' Up!; Die-Cut Machine: Provo Craft; Oval Dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinder's; Grosgrain Ribbon: Unknown, Obtained in a Ribbon Share; Dimensionals: Unknown, Obtained in a Sticky Share; Adhesive: Scotch ATG 714

8 comments:

Annapurna said...

Lovely papers and nice layout. It looks a lot like the American art stamps.

I wish I was OCDish too. The last dress I made, was supposed to be on chocolate colored CS. My dining room lighting and no organization made it burgundy. Close enough right.

Joan said...

Very cute card...I love the papers and that little clip is awesome. Joan

malieta said...

Very cute card Deb!!!
The image is so cute and I the colors are so pretty together. The clipboard is so cool..I love it!

Allison said...

So cute and fun! I love my Nesties...I am officially addicted after a week with them!

Mel M. M. M. said...

SOOOOOoo cute! Love that image and those sweet dp colours. The library clip rocks too! w'ugs (wee hugs, heeheeeheee :0) Hope you're having a great weekend! :0)

Theresa said...

Super cute! I love the clip and the coloring. Now I have to go out and buy some clips...

wendyp said...

Had to laugh a bit at the OCDish. I'm a bit that way myself, but usually only in my scraproom. shhh, don't tell but I usually have to straighten up during my projects also because I can't stand everything being out of place, LOL!

Love your card! Super cute!

Heather Lee-Reppen said...

Cute cute card!!!!