Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Words, Words, Words" ... a 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison's challenge required that you create a card using just one sentiment stamp ... no other stamps allowed.

I decided that this challenge was the perfect opportunity to show some love to this kewl sentiment stamp from River City Rubber Works. Soooo, I loved it with "Burnt Umber" hybrid ink, stamping on Kraft card stock.

I used designer paper from Cosmo Cricket's "Souvenir" collection for my main mat, cutting some flourishes and a scalloped edge mat for the sentiment from the reverse side of the same paper. Using my slit punch, I created a matching scallop border, attaching it inside the card.

I adhered a ribbon around the card, tied a scrap of matching ribbon on for a bow, inked up all my edges, and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Couple of things: Julie "Jewels" Koerber and I have put our heads together and are working on a fun project to share with all of you. Look for an announcement on our blogs very soon!

Also, Julie has also made the top 20 finalists in PaperCrafts magazine's "Gallery Idol" contest!! Please visit PaperCrafts web site and cast your vote for the amazingly talented Julie. Simply click HERE, (you'll have to scroll down a bit; Julie's ID is "outtoimpress"), to see all the top finalists' cards and to vote. Congrats, Jewels: YKYR!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your day with me ... I really appreciate your visits and your comments. You guys rock!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill; Designer Paper: "Souvenir" Collection by Cosmo Cricket; Stamp: "Pretending to be Normal" by River City Rubber Works; Ink: "Burnt Umber" Palette Hybrid by Stewart Superior and Colorbox "Chestnut Roan" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; Ribbon: Unknown, Obtained in a Ribbon Share; Classic Petite and Scallop Petite Oval Dies by Spellbinder's; Flourishes Die by Sizzix; Slit Punch: Stampin' Up!; Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Adhesives: Scotch ATG 714 and "Scrap Fusion" by Ivy Scraps; Black Dimensionals: Unknown, Obtained in a Sticky Share

7 comments:

malieta said...

Deb your card is beautiful and the sentiment drew a chuckle from me! Your sense of humor is the best and the DP is awesome!

Mel M. M. M. said...

How do you do such gorgeous cards in 15 minutes? I can't even ink a stamp in 15 minutes, lol. :0) Those flourishes are divine and I love the striped scallop too! :0)

Annapurna said...

I am with Mel. It takes me 15 mins to find a inkpad. LOL!

Lovely card. YKYRed the challenge.

When did this happen?

Allison said...

Hey, I have this stamp too! RCRW has some fun ones! And this DP and chipboard is awesome...the whole thing is delish!

Tonniece said...

That's what I say Mel, 15 Mins. Crazy....but you sure knock out some beauties.

Happy Thursday Deb

Deb said...

This is gorgeous and the sentiment is awesome, love it!!

SmilynStef said...

What a fun sentiment ... love those colors ... fabulous card!