Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oh, Canada! ... a 15 Minute Project

Pin It


This card was created in a flash for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison challenged us to create a paper project honoring Canada ... July 1st being "Canada Day" and all.

When I think of Canada, I think of breathtaking scenery, clean streets, pine-scented fresh air, North America's largest fresh water supply, a beautiful and moving national anthem, stoic Mounties, Anne Murray, and a dollar that USED to be worth less than the US dollar. Oh, and those cute little Canadian coins ... always such fun finding those in your wallet at an exact change toll booth!

The card was created on "Raven" Bazzill card stock using heavy weight DP from Paper Love Designs. Ummm, yeah, good luck findin' any more of this kewl card stock; Lord knows I've tried ...

I embellished the card using grosgrain ribbon, maple leaf punchies, and itty-bitty gems from A-Muse. My PTI sentiment was stamped using Distress Ink on a scrap of Crate Paper cut with a Nestie die in the 'Bug.

Oh, Canada! Bloomberg says your dollar is worth more than mine today ...

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill, Crate Paper; Designer Paper: Paper Love Designs; Stamp: Papertrey Ink, "Simple Little Things" Collection; Ink: "Black Soot" Distress Ink by Ranger Industries; Grosgrain Ribbon; A-Muse Gems; Maple Leaf Punch by EK Success; Dimensionals: All Night Media; Adhesive: ATG 714

8 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card,glad to see that somebody's dollar is worth something.

Allison said...

This is terrific but I think your ode to Canada in your post was more inspiring. Thanks for jumping back on the wagon chickadee!

Annapurna said...

Well, I haven't been to Canada yet. So I will have to take your word for it. Great job with all the little deets. Was the queen 16 yrs old in that pic?

Kathi said...

Hey chick...glad you are feeling better...can't believe you really sent yourself a get well card...I will never be that organized, lol
Love the Canada card, who are you sending that one too????
hugs (assuming you are no longer contagious)
Kathi

Anne said...

Aaaah!!!! We have a 'proper English gentleman' who lives in the village who is always flying a flag for someone in his beautiful cottage garden, and I noticed on Monday he was flying the Canadian flag but had no idea why!! Thanks for solving that little mystery!! This is brill Deb, as is everything you make, but not only that, you present everything so beautifully too - I must improve my presentation!!!!

Now, when I think of Canada I think "Escape....Escape...." I have this fantasy that I will one day be able to pack our bags and start a new life in Canada - but that's all it is unless my 6 numbers come up on the Lottery!:o( Hugs 2U and watch your mailbox for a proposition!! LoL! ;o)xxx

Kathi said...

Hey Deb, I'm hanging in there. Survived graduation so that's good.
Isn't it fun to be a crazy person? takes so much pressure off to be normal if you just go all out with it!
Someone needs to prod me into some of these card challenges, I can't stop making cards!!!
thanks for visiting my blog :)

malieta said...

Another beautiful card Deb!!! You rocked Allison's challenge with your creativity...which never ceases to amaze me!!!! You really rock girl:)

Mel M. M. M. said...

A 15 minute project, what's that, eh? lol. I do know all about Canada though... home sweet home. Your tribute was totally perfect & your card is gorgeous! :0)