Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A No-Stampin' House Tag ... a "Tag, You're It" Challenge Entry

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, race fans!

Today's absolutely-no-stampin' tag project was created for this weeks "Tag, You're It" blog challenge. This week, Anne and Sam challenged us to create a non-traditional tag ... I'm fairly certain that this tag qualifies! For a closer look at the 'house' tag, click on the image.

I sketched my house out on heavy-weight card stock, then applied designer papers from Cosmo Cricket's "Wanted" collection. Using craft punches, I created clumps of 'grass' and some funky kitties to sit in the windows.

I sponged all the edges with "Creamy Brown" fluid chalk ink, popped the 'dormers' up on dimensionals, and punched a double circle for my tag hole. I originally had fibers tied through the hole but they looked really ... ummm ... dumb, so I removed them.

This was such a fun challenge and Anne and Sam are so sweet! It's a blast participating in their challenges and I encourage you to visit their blog and do the same ... sooooo, Tag, You're It!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me; I {heart} you guys big lots!

~Hugs,


Supplies ~ Card Stock: Cut Card Stock; Designer Paper: "Wanted" Collection by Cosmo Cricket; Ink: "Creamy Brown" Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; Punches: Square Punch by McGill, Double Circle Punch by EK Success, Grass Punch by Carla Craft, Kitty Punch, Unknown; Dimensionals: Unknown, Obtained in a Sticky Share; Adhesive: Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Scraps

13 comments:

Tina said...

How creative and fun! Great job!!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun project! love your creative design Deb! you're always one step ahead! super smoke and grass around the foundation! love the DP on the door and windows and fun kitties!!

cafegirl71 said...

Great idea for a tag. Love the attention to detail.

Annapurna said...

Hello creative mind- Amazing how you came up with this idea. The house even looks like a face, with a ponytail standing up. Love all the elements you used. Very nice!

Anne said...

Gasp!! OMGosh, Deb, it's AMAZING!!! I absolutely love it to pieces!! It's so cheerful and gorgeous - it would be brilliant on a Housewarming gift!! And all those little details are perfect!!Fantastic - and you say all the sweetest things (blush) Thank You! And another HUUUGE thanks for playing with our theme again! ;o) xx

Theresa said...

I love this! What a challenge. I would be intimidated. You did an awesome job! Your house looks so cozy.

Allison said...

Love this Deb...the kitties in the window are terrific (my nephew Kiernan would love this!).

RubyMay said...

What a brilliant tag. I love the windows and there is so much detail. x

Mel M. M. M. said...

Absolutely geniusly gorgeousOH! I love the dp for the windows & door and the little circle doomahickey on the roof and the dormers on the windows and the grass. Ultra cuteness. The swirly chimney smoke is hot too! LOVE the stripiness too! Sweet! :0)

Linsey said...

oh gosh, your house tag is just darling! Rats, I had this dp too and used it for something that didn't turn out nearly this cute! I could have CASe'd you down to the last detail, hehe!

Mel M. M. M. said...

P.S. I forgot the huggityhughugs (Travesty! Bad me, heehee) :oP

Chris said...

that tag rocks!! i would have never guessed it was a freaking tag...it's super fab!!!

Sam Morris said...

This had me cooing as soon as I saw it! LOVE all the detail and texture, utterly fab work!! Thanks so much for taking part in this challenge :)