Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tag Card Revisited ... a 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Today's 15 Minute project was created for this week's "Tag, You're It" challenge. The theme this time around is color, specifically the colors brown, red, and cream.

I created this 5" x 7" card super-fast using card stock, die-cuts, and some metal. I die-cut and paper pierced some card stock circles, matted them on scalloped edge mats, and stamped my image, from Papertrey Ink, using "Timber Brown" Staz-On solvent ink.

I cut my Kraft card stock into a tag shape and added a red eyelet to create a hanger. And yes, I tied some funky fibers through the hanger but they just didn't look right on such a huge "tag."

Finally, I added some wire and some "Fresh Tag" die-cuts mounted on dimensionals, and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

This card is either too late for Valentine's Day '08, or too early for Valentine's Day '09, but either way, I'll be adding this tag card to my stash ... 'cuz you never know when you'll need a special card to defuse a hoppin'-mad DH, KWIM?!?

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


PS: Sorry the pix is sooooo dark; it's rainy season here is So Florida and it's been rainin' since ... um, May.

9 comments:

Annapurna said...

Wow! Look at all the elements on that card. It took me 15 mins to do the inventory. Love the color combination. Very nice!
Did you see the latest PTI stuff? get any?
I KWYM.

Sam Morris said...

Wow, I think all I manage in 15 minutes is deciding on which stamp to use (and then usually changing it half way through the project!) So much detail and love all the layering! Awesome photography too, great see you taking part in another of our challenges :)

Anne said...

FAAHHBULOUS!!! Wow Deb!! You do the most amazing things in your 15 minutes!!! I swear I don't know how you do it, it takes me ages to complete anything! I might set myself a challenge one day and see if I can do anything in 15 minutes - once I've gathered stash that is!

Your tag is simply amazing - your beloved will forgive you anything if you send him this!! ;o) ;o) I love all those gorgeous details and I know I've said it before but your presentation is second to none! Thank You so much for playing the theme Deb!! ;o) xx

Joan said...

What a fantastic tag...I love the colours and all the little pieces. Joan

malieta said...

Your tag is fabulous Deb!!! The colors, paper piercing and the embellishments are awesome! Great job Deb!

Angelnorth said...

Love the eclectic feel here Deb! This style worked really well with this colour combo, great stuff!

I'm about to go check on the walnut ink piece I left drying overnight (my first!). I'll let you know if it's worth looking at!

Sharon said...

What beautiful work you have created here, Deb! :)

There is absolutely NO WAY I could produce anything as gorgeous as your tag card in 15 minutes! You have used so many beautiful elements and they work together perfectly.

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuu! I love the white circles with the stamping turned on an angle like that. SO original. And I adore anything with text. The hits of red ROCK! --perfectly balanced too! :0)

julie king said...

this one is fantastic! hearts are one of my fave themes!!!