Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just Because ... I Wanted To

Pin It


Happy Wednesday, K-Mart shoppers! Sorry; I don't know where that came from ...

Today's card project was created 'just because' I felt like it ... no, I kid! This card was created for Sharon's "Stamp Simply" challenge. This week, Sharon challenged us to create a card using 1.) a flower; and, b.) the color purple. And so I did. Both.

I stamped my flourish, from Pink Cat Studio, on my card stock base using "Royal Purple" Staz-On ink, then created some flowers using card stock and craft punches. I added some gold rhinestone-like thingies for the centers.

My sentiment was also stamped in royal purple ink on DCWV card stock, then cut in the 'Bug using a die from Spellbinder's Shapeabilities "Ribbon Trio Tags." I added some yellow grosgrain ribbon, and tah dah!

Normally, I credit the various stamp manufacturers right on my image, but for some crazy reason, my image editing program won't allow me to today. I'm hoping this is just a temporary thang, but who knows ... and I don't want to reinstall 'cuz I'll lose dozens of really kewl plug-ins. Anyway, the stamps I used in this project are copyright to Pink Cat Studio (the flourish), and Cornish Heritage Farms (the sentiment).

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


16 comments:

Trish D said...

This is gorgeous! Love the bright colors, and they way you used the flourish as a "vine"

Tonniece said...

Well Happy Wednesday to you too Miss talent. You so crack me up. Thanks for the smile.(K-Mart shoppers).lol
Can you come to my house and make all my cards? Oh please..... This is so purdy, I love the purple with the yellow contrast.

Have a great day

Tina said...

Awesome! Purple and yellow are just great together.

Annapurna said...

Finally I can comment on this thing, that I have been drooling over for the past few days ;-)

Very very very nice. Love the color combination.

You are now officially declared as the queen of punched flowers.

Julie Koerber said...

Deb-- THIS ROCKS! I love the vibrant purple. You have such a way with these 3-d flowers. Each and every time you pull out one of these creations - my jaw drops!! YKYR! Hope you had fun in Key West and went by Sloppy Joes for me!! :-)

wendyp said...

Oh WOW! Love those flowers! And that purple and yellow together...gorgeous!

Allison said...

You are a supahstar with these 3D flowers...I wish I had your talents (sigh!). Hope your day is sunny and cheerful!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuuuuu! Your 3D flowers are works of art. I love the purple & the yellow centers POP so prettily. The way you have them flourished out is glorious and how did you get the leaves to look so real! (and K-mart shoppers is way kewl!) :0) s'n'ugs, (several nice hugs) heehee

Anonymous said...

I live in West Palm Beach also. By the way, I love your cards.
- Saundra -

Theresa said...

I love your gorgeous 3-d flowers! Such a dramatic card.

Deb Neerman said...

Hey, Saundra! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my project!

Since you didn't leave your email addy, and you've posted anonymously I have no way of contacting you. So, I hope you read this but anyway ...

I live w-a-y out in the Acreage; whereabouts are you?

If you'd like, email me (my email link is on the right side-bar, above the Live Traffic Feed widget), and I'll contact you directly.

~Hugz!

julie king said...

very purple, very pretty and very kewl (as you would say!!)

nappy2cu said...

Wow. Sometimes it's just flat out hard to like you . . . but I do, you insanely talented girl, you.

malieta said...

You know I love your flower cards Deb because you make them so beautifully! And...this card is no exception, it is very pretty and clean! You did a fantastic job with this challenge:)

Melissa said...

This is so pretty Deb! Lovely work!

Julia Aston said...

I love the flowers you are punching! great colors! I bought one of the books on doing this and tons of punches - and there they sit - in the box - you inspire me to get them out and set them free!