Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Pin It


Today's project was created super-fast using a food-quality tea tin and some patriotic-looking designer paper. Oh! And chocolate sticks ... the most important part of all!

FYI, Hershey's yummy chocolate sticks fit inside perfectly ... but you can fill your tin with jelly beans, gummy bears, or small explosives.

I purchased this tea-tin for super-cheap HERE, then covered them in designer papers from Daisy D's. You can embellish your tin as much or as little as you'd like.

Using a theme-punch, I created a never-seen-in-nature flower for the top of the tin using the same papers and some scraps of Bazzill card stock.


This super quick-to-make treat makes a great hostess gift ... or an even better gift for YOU! After I hoard share the chocolate, I'll use this tin in my studio to store colored pencils, markers, paint brushes, rulers, or scissors.

Hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July ... and take a minute to thank a veteran today.

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy holiday weekend with me; you rock!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill; Designer Paper: Americana Collection from Daisy D's; Tea-Tin: Speciality Bottle; Theme-Punch: Punch Bunch; Adhesive: Scotch ATG 714

7 comments:

Annapurna said...

Cool idea.
I wish I lived by you. Now I really "need" some chocolate. May be I will go make some tea then.

Allison said...

This is awesome...love the muted tones in your paper choice!

Margaret said...

Deb, this is a great project and you're too funny/silly/whatever!!!

Love the way you post a comment in your blog then strike it out, as in today's hoard/share.

Hope you had a great holiday.

Deb said...

This is awesome, love that flower and the contents of course!!

julie king said...

love this tin, deb! it lights up every day not just 4th of july!!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Sweet! I love the flag paper flower. Stunning! :0)

malieta said...

Oh my goodness Deb, your altered tins are beautiful!!! The papers are very beautiful and I'm going to check out the link for the tins. TFS!!!