Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Christmas in July ... a Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Now here's a sobering thought: Christmas Eve is exactly 21 weeks away!

Today's card was created for Sharon's "Stamp Simply" blog challenge. This week, Sharon's theme is, not surprisingly, "Christmas in July." And while this project doesn't look to be "simply stamped," it really is! No, really; would I lie to you?!?

I stamped my image, by Stampers Anonymous, three times; each time changing the ink color. Then, I simply cut my images apart and put them back together. I mounted three of the cut-outs on dimensionals; the other three are glued directly down to the card stock.

Because this kewl image has such a vintage look, I sponged each element fairly heavily with fluid chalk inks.

Finally, I double-matted my stamped image and tied some jute around the fold. Not a 15 minute project, but definitely easy-peasy ... and a project that gives you the false sense of security that comes with thinking that you've already gotten started on your holiday cards!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Supplies ~ Card Stock: Bazzill; Stamp: Stampers Anonymous; Inks: "Blazing Red," "Ultramarine," and "Olive Green" Staz-On by Tsukineko, "Chestnut Roan" and "Creamy Brown" Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; Fiber: Natural Jute; Adhesives: Black Dimensionals, Unknown, Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Scraps

10 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Deb, this is just priceless.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh!!! I honestly would have sworn that you pieced together a sampling of vintage advertising, or perhaps pieces of boxes, etc. That this is one stamp (??) fascinates me! What you have done is WONDERFULLY creative and I LOVE it!!! Gee, I'd sure like to see what that stamp looks like!!! Thanks so much for playing!!!

Annapurna said...

Very nice! I wish you showed us the whole stamp. Where in the world do you even find these stamps, you vintage chaser you...

Allison said...

Love this...when I first saw this stamp, I shared it with Paula and we both drooled! Love the color palette here!

Linsey said...

OH, I believe you, girlfriend--you wouldn't lie to us :) This is absolutely awesome! i love the non-conventional look of it-super cool holiday card! And even if not your norm 15 min.-still easy peasy and Gorgeous in every way! TFS! Hey, hope you're having a fab summer so far..can you believe it's gonna be Aug. already?! Yikes! smiles and hugs!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuuuuu! You Vintage virtuouso! I love this. I love the colours and the distressing is perfect. You are the queen of challenges! :0) Hugness...

Chris said...

that is fabulous!! i love the vintage-y look...

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Very cool - I like all the dimension you added!

savy said...

WOW. Sigh. When I grow up I want to be you. Oh . . . wait. I am grown up. Sad.

malieta said...

I love the vintage feel of your Christmas Card Deb! You really have a way with the vintage look!
Only 21 weeks until Christmas...this is truly a sobering thought!
hugs
risa:)