Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Woohoo! An Award Thingie, A RAK, and I'm an Orange!

Pin It

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Just a quick post today ... I have some stuff to share with you and then my Mojo and I are takin' a short vacation to Key West.

First, the fabulous
Allison of Stampin' When I Can, has this very kewl award she gives out every now and then. Well, I guess it's a "now" 'cuz Allison awarded me, among others, this:

Thank you, Allison!!! I think you're a rockin' blogger, too ... but you already know that!

And, lookie what the mail-person brought me:

Isn't this the cutest card ever?!? I think so, too!

The wonderful Risa of
Life's Simple Pleasures sent this to me and I {heart} it!! I'm such a huge fan of her work so it's soooo nice to have an original. And what could be better than one original Risa card? How 'bout two:

Risa also sent me this super-cute get 'whale' card ... and some paper flowers, some beautifully stamped images, and some Dew Drops, too! What a great surprise, I can't tell you how much it means to me. Thanks so much Risa; you know I {heart} you!

Finally Allison, the
undisputed Queen of all Blog Quizzes, suggested (sorta), that I take this "What Kind of Fruit Are You?" blog quiz. So, I did:

You're an Orange!



You have a zest for life, especially for anything colorful, wild, or dramatic.

You have a unique take on the world, and you're not afraid to be a little funky.

You are a bit reserved toward people who don't know you well.

You have a thick skin, which can protect you from anything that goes wrong in your life.

Once someone does get to know you, they totally "get" and appreciate you.

Your friends see you as a bright person with a refreshing take on life.

(Kinda kewl me being an "orange" since I'm literally surrounded by orange groves!)

Now, you go:


Okay, girls and boy, (hi Curt!), that is all for today ... I just wanted to share all this fun stuff with you and, more importantly, I wanted so stay well within the perimeters of Stamping Blogdom's Official Rules and Regulations, Section IV, Sub-Section: RAK's, Chapter: Public Acknowledgement, Paragraph 5.

Updated for Annapurna: Said Official Rules and Regulations, Section IV, Sub-Section: RAK's, Chapter: Public Acknowledgement, Paragraph 5 reads, "you are required to post and share your RAK's within a 30 day period, allowing additional time if receiver is ill, out of the country, or without Internet access."

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me; hope to see you tomorrow!


And thanks again, Risa: Y.K.Y.R.!!

~Hugs,



8 comments:

Annapurna said...

Well deserved award and cool cards. Her cards are awesome. I love the colors.

It turns out I am a banana even though I like mangoes. I will post it sometime this morning.

Love the official rules and regulations. Thanks for reminding me and now you are under arrest, since you didn't post mine under all these regulations. LOL!

Tonniece said...

Just a quick post here before my puter dies again

You so deserve all the awards. Cause if anyone rocks its you.
Love all you last cards,they are all just lovely.
Well got to dash.
Have a super great day.

malieta said...

Congrats on your award Deb!
Cause you do ROCK!!!! lol
I hope you enjoy your cards as much as I did making them.
Take care and have a beautiful evening:)
BTW...I'm a strawberry...I had to take the test, so much fun!

Anne said...

I've never come across anyone more Orange than you Deb!!! I'm jealous, I wanted to be an orange too but I came out an apple and it said that some people think I'm a snob!!! 8-O MOI???? ROFL!!! Definitely not!!! Wonderful cards you have here - aren't people kind? Have a great day! xx

Mel M. M. M. said...

Gorgeous RAKs & love that you are an orange. I'm a strawberry. You totally are a ROCKIN blogger! :0)

julie king said...

hey, i just took the quiz and i'm an orange, too!1 we are sympatico, sister!!

Stephenie said...

I love your creations! So cute. I am going to have to take that fruit test too:) So cute! BTW thank you for your sweet comment on my Wine Lady card.

Erica B. said...

I think the orange suits you. Cool RAKS and I love the blog rules & reg gibberish!