Monday, July 28, 2008

A Sketch Challenge Entry ... and a 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Happy Monday, boy (hi Curt!), and girls!

Today's 15 Minute card project was created for Di Hickman's sketch challenge. For more details on the challenge, or to view the sketch I almost followed, click HERE. I'll say good-bye now 'cuz once you get to Di's blog you're sure to be there for hours!

This card was made super-fast using a square punch, designer papers from My Mind's Eye, some chipboard letters, a round, metal-edge tag, and fluid chalk ink.

I stamped my sentiment on my DP using "Timber Brown" Staz-On ink, created a tag with my Tag Maker tool, then mounted the tag on black dimensionals. Finally, I sponged all the edges of my DP with "Chestnut Roan" fluid chalk ink, tied on some vintage baby rickrack, together with some not-so-vintage scraps of satin ribbon.

Di's challenges are v-e-r-y relaxed and she encourages her challenge players to use her sketch as a "jumping off" point ... allowing you to go where your Muse takes you. I really like her philosophy ... and it's a good thing, too, because my Muse certainly took me fairly far off the mark with this card! I created a second card, one in which I followed the sketch exactly, which I may (or may not, lol), post later this week; I just liked this one better.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me; Y.K.Y.R.!

~Hugs,

Supplies ~ Card Stock: Bazzill; Designer Paper: "Bohemia" Collection, My Mind's Eye; Stamp: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Staz-On by Tsukineko, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; Chipboard: Unknown; Fibers: Unknown; Tag Maker by Making Memories; Square Punch by McGill; Adhesive: Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Scraps

12 comments:

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Paul said...

Great card - loving the colours in it
TFS
Paul

Julie Koerber said...

I am digging on these colors and this layout! YOU ROCK girlie! Do you ever create anything average?!?!? HHhhhhmmmm... me thinks not! Happy Monday!

Annapurna said...

How very cool. Love the tag and the big hi and the color combo and everything.

Did you notice the dot on the i looks like a sliced cucumber? :-))

Got your message. Will return in a few.

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ah ha! A tag maker---so that's how you made that adorable tag! This is super duperdy cute! love the layout...(I'm a gonna steal it!) love the colours everything :0) I was hoping you were lyin' about the Florida part, or your package is never gonna get there. Is it there yet? Is it, is it, huh huh? It went out a little late, but hopefully it gets there soon. Thanks for all of your sweet comments; they make me giggle like mad (well we all know I am mad, but Anna is quite sane, and I know she stops by later on so she can read your comments too. :0) (You so funny GF!) :0)

malieta said...

Very cute card Deb, I love the color block effect...how cool! Your tag is cute and I love the way you tied the ribbon around the letter "h"..very cute:)

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

Whoops...screwed up my comments from one blog to another...ha ha!

Deb, this is one of my faves! I think the design and those colors are just astounding!

Julia Aston said...

Love your earthy colors on this one Deb! great DP's and fun chipboard letters!

Anne said...

Oh Big YUM!!! 15 minutes?? Nooooo I couldn't even think this up in under an hour!! It's so perfect in every sense - the colours, the LO, the tag - Fabulous!! :o) xx

malieta said...

What a great idea Deb!
I love your house tag and the kittens sitting in the windows are just adorable!!!

Di Hickman said...

Great card, love the colors, and great use of the sketch!

ps. not forgotten your email just been major busy!