Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here, Have a Cupcake ... a 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Today's 15 Minute project was created in a nano-second using die-cuts!

Using my Sizzix cupcake die, I cut out three cupcakes on different colored card stock, then put the cupcake back together again using elements of the die in different colors. If you click on the image, you'll notice that I put the top layer of the frosting through the Cuttlebug "Divine Swirl" embossing folder.

I stamped my sentiment on Kraft card stock, then cut it out using a Nesties Large Classic Circle die, and mounted it on a scrap of pink card stock cut with a Nestie die from the Petite Scallop set.

Finally, I added some pink grosgrain ribbon around the front of the card and applied some Crystal Lacquer to the 'cherry' for a little dimension and shine.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes ... and who doesn't love chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting, huh?!?

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me; YKYR!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill, DCWV, and CutCard Stock; Stamps: Stampendous; Ink: Staz-On; Cuttlebug "Divine Swirl" Embossing Folder; Crystal Lacquer; Cupcake Die: "Cupcake #3" by Sizzix; Circle Dies from Spellbinder's Nestabilities Collection; Die-Cut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft; Ribbon: Michaels; Adhesive: Dimensionals and Scotch ATG 714


12 comments:

Annapurna said...

Ooh! Yum. I will take 4 of these please.

You had a perfect colors here for using them with the white ink challenge, but I guess you chose not to.

Oh and one more thing, the stem on the cherry is usually the same color as the cherry, unless it is dipped in chocolate like here ;-)

Kimmy said...

So cute! I love that it was made so quick! The cuttlebug embossing really adds a nice touch.

Mistylynn said...

Great new stuff. Thanks for always having inspirational stuff to share with us.
Take care.
Misty

Mel M. M. M. said...

Mmmm scrumptious! You are my hero. LOVE the swirly cuttlebug icing texture & the curved saying,
Bigugs (big squeezy hugs) don't worry, I won't steal your sweet clever sayings (but I sure wanna!) ;0)

Tina said...

Wowsa, so cute!

julie king said...

cupcakes? i love cupcakes! adorable, as usual!!!

Allison said...

So simple and sweet.

BTW, I have been impressed with your creations as of late. See here for an award: http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-havent-done-this-in-some-time-but.html

Linsey said...

OMGosh, Deb, this is fabulous-O! I don't have this die cut, boo hiss! I love that cupcake and that your created this wonderfully fun and yummy card in minutes! YOu are so good, girl! Thanks for swingin' by my blog and yes, I'm just busy with summer stuff and out-n-about more often--I feel like I'll be getting back on track soon! Hugs!

Chris said...

this is super cute!! i love that you used the CB folder for the top...can i steal that one, please? LOL

malieta said...

What a cute and yummy card Deb! I love your cupcake very much. Sometimes its refreshing to make a card without stamping. Fantastic job:)

Erica B. said...

Yummy, I could go for one of those today. I like the addition of the swirl texture for the frosting.

Anne said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Yum! I LOVE your cupcake!! It looks like chocolate muffin with strawberry icing and now I want to go and make up a batch of the real thing - groan, I can feel the pounds piling on just looking at this! It's fabulous Deb, I love it! xx