Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Tag, You're It!" A 15 Minute Project and a Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

Today's "15 Minute" project was created for the "Tag You're It" blog challenge. This week, the uber-kewl Anne and Sam's challenge theme is "fairies." So I made a tag for the tag challenge ... with a fairy ... a fairy tag for this week's "Tag You're It" fairy tag challenge! I do go on, huh?

This tag was created in a New York minute using a pre-made Bazzill card stock tag. I simply stamped my images in Versamark on scrap card stock and heat embossed with "Java Jolt" embossing powder ... my v-e-r-y favorite embossing powder ... then cut them out and adhered them to my tag:

I added a metal word charm, a skeleton key, and some funky fibers and voila! Done!

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

I have a question for all you heat embossing pros: My Marvy heat tool is on it's last legs (sob ~ good-bye, old friend), and I'm in need of some recommendations for a new gun. I hear lots of good things about the Milwaukee Heat Tool, Model 1400, but I'm wondering if there's something else available as good, or better, that you'd recommend. If it cost less, well, so much the better! LOL, I want it all and I want it now! Seriously, I truly appreciate any heat gun info you can pass along.

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me ~ I {heart} you guys lots and lots!

~Hugs,


Card Stock Tag: Bazzill; Card Stock: DCWV; Stamps: Fairy by Inkadinkado, Flower Circles by Papertrey Ink; Ink: Versamark; Embosssing Powder by Comotion; Metal Word Charm by Making Memories; Skeleton Key by 7gypsies; Split Ring: Unknown; Fibers: Various; Adhesive: Scrap Fusion by Ivy Scraps

13 comments:

Tonniece said...

Just how long is a New York Min. anyway?
Is it under your usual 15 Min. time?
Whatever the time you rock it yet again Deb. Love the blue and black, stunning.
Don't know what heatgun to suggest to you, but hope you find one you love.

Happy thursady to you.

Tina said...

Very pretty! I adore all those fibers.

Hev said...

The blue is incredible :)
Wonderful tags :)
Have a great day :)

Hev said...

The blue is incredible :)
Wonderful tags :)
Have a great day :)

Mistylynn said...

Very pretty. Love the blue with brown.
Take care.
Misty

Julia Aston said...

That java sure is a jolt against that stunning blue!! love this tag and the fun fibers - no help from me on the hot gun - I use one I've had for years and can't even tell you the name of it!?! are there good ones and bad ones?!?!

Allison said...

Love, love, love the colors and all that copper embossing is super! What a gorgeous fairy stamp! (Charlotte is a fairy too, did you know?)

Mel M. M. M. said...

Gorgeosity! I love that blue. It's electrically pretty and that embossing powder sounds YUmmy. Those fibers look so hot too & I like how your fairy has attitude. I was laughin my butt off at your comments. You are SO clever and fun. I put the rubber ducky pic back just for you. It's so sweet of you to care! (about my politics and views regarding the humanities et al) LOL LOL LOL You're too good! :0) Admugs (Admiring hugs) from the lil' Squisher, haha

Anne said...

FANTASTIC!!!!! Who needs more fairy stamps when you can create this Beut with just one!!!! I love it Deb - I love your colours, your stamping, your embossing and it is a totally FAB tag!!! Thank You SOOOO much for playing! ;o) xx

PS - can you 'E' me your snail mail as I have a teensy surprise for you!! :oD

Annapurna said...

Love the combo and love all the details.
Is New York min, Florida 15?
Look at all those fibers. Did that deplete your stash any?

My heating tool is Darice from Joann's. Bought it less than 2 months ago using a 40% off coupon. Don't know if that is the best or not.

malieta said...

Every time I visit your blog I leave with a smile! The comment about a "New York minute" really had me cracking up! lol
Awesome job as usual Deb, your fairy and tag are super cute!

BTW...I have an award for you posted on my blog:)

Erica B. said...

That blue really pops with the brown. Love it. You just proved what I try to tell people all the time. Stamping doesn't really take a long time. (just the way I do it!)

I accepted your invitation on the YKYR challenge I just need to take a pic tomorrow when the light is good. I've actually been brainstorming for a week about that one.

Sam Morris said...

I honestly have no idea how you do it, I know you said the tag was premade but good grief...I guess having only one fairy stamp limits the options somewhat lol!! Absolutely LOVE everything about this, the colour combination and design is inspriring (as is your photography!) and the embellishments are just the perfect touch! Thanks so much for taking part in another of our challenges :)