Saturday, July 5, 2008

15 Minute Project ... Using the "Glimmer Mist Resist" Technique

Pin It


Today's "15 Minute" card project was created using clear embossing powder and gold Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. If you'd like a ginormous larger view, simply click on the photo.

I have several spray bottles of Glimmer Mist and never remember to use it ... sooooo, I decided to try to create a resist using the Mists with a clear embossed image. I know you have some Glimmer Mist in your studio too, so drag it out and let's create some kewl clear resist backgrounds!

First, I stamped my primitive herb image with Versamark on Xerox 110# card stock. I then placed the stamped image in a shoe box and sprayed heavily with gold Glimmer Mist. Really soak your card stock ... and allow the Glimmer Mist to pool up around the clear embossed image; doing so creates some really interesting patterns!

Allow the card stock to dry overnight ... then simply use a slightly damp rag to gently wipe the Glimmer Mist off the embossed image and voila!

Using a scrap of the Glimmer Mist(ed) card stock, I punched out a round file tab, then embossed my sentiment using white embossing powder. I used my piercing tool to punch little holes around the bottom edge of the file tab and went over the holes with a white Sharpie paint pen.

I punched two tiny holes on either side of the herb swag and, using wax linen thread, tied a square knot.

Finally, I cut my image out using Nesties in the Cuttlebug, then mounted it using black dimensionals on a dark brown scallop edge mat. TIP: Try mounting your card stock mats using black dimensionals; they "disappear" on your project.

I'd love to see what you create using the clear embossing resist technique with Glimmer Mists. Link up your creation in the comments so everyone can check out your creation!

Hope you're having a relaxin' and creative weekend; thanks for sharing part of it with me!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Xerox 110#, Bazzill; Stamps: "Herb Swag" ... I made that up; I don't know what the name of this stamp is, but it's manufactured by Just for Fun ... Sentiment stamp by Papertrey Ink; Versamark Watermark Ink; Gold Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels; Sharpie Paint Pen; Clear Embossing Powder: Unknown, I store all my clear emobossing powder in a covered plastic box ); White Embossing Powder by Powder Keg; Waxed Linen Thread by 7gypsies; Piercing Tool by Making Memories; Round File Tab Punch by Stampin' Up!; Large Classic Square Rectangle Die and Large Scallop Rectangle Die by Spellbinder's; Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Adhesive: Scotch ATG 714; Black Dimensionals: Unknown, Obtained in a Sticky Share


7 comments:

Allison said...

Oooo...me loves it...

I am gonna forward it to Paula...I think it would be right up her alley!

Annapurna said...

Oh no! Now we are going to see all things glimmer mist, like the walnut ink ones before :-))

Love the colors you chose. Do these glimmer mists have shimmer, since I can't see any even in the giganormous view either?

Angelnorth said...

This stamp works so well with this resist technique (still haven't played with the walnut you made me buy ;o) Love the file tab on here and the scalloped mat really sets it all off beautifully.

Tonniece said...

this is gorgeous, but all of them are. Love it

Happy Sunday

Mel M. M. M. said...

You rock! What an awesome technique. Note to self, must get glimmer mist... :0) Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

malieta said...

You are a pro with this technique Deb, where do you find the patience to wait over night for the inks to dry?! lol I love your card very much and one day, I'm gonna have to try this method:)

LauriP said...

I appreciate people like you who are willing to share their creative talent and techniques with those of us who aren't so creative (speaking solely for myself). Thank you for the beautiful technique. Your card is gorgeous!

Lauri
pitt2004@sbcglobal.net