Friday, July 25, 2008

It's In the Next Cookie ... A Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Happy Friday, girls and boy (hey, Curt) ... yup, we're havin' Chinese tonight!

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison asked that we create a humorous card ... so's to make her giggle. I'm not sure she'll giggle over this, but maybe I'll score a chuckle ... okay, maybe a smile.

I decided to use this sentiment stamp from Lost Angeles Rubber Works 'cuz all my other humorous stamps are "R" rated ... or just the tiniest bit sacrilegious ... and since this is a family show, I thought it best not to use 'em.

For my background, I used designer papers from DCWV's "Far East" collection, and created fortune cookies using Kraft card stock. Ummm, yes, that is what those three thingies are supposed to be ... I know it's a bit of a stretch, but short of gluing down real fortune cookies, this was the best I could do.

Do this: squint ... they look l-o-t-s more realistic that way. And who knows, these crazy little 'fortune cookies' just might provide Allison with that giggle she's lookin' for!

I double-matted my sentiment, adhered five Chinese coins, and finis! Dang, I wish I knew the Chinese word for 'finished!'

Update on the Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock "Rock the Cover" challenge: As of this writing, we have twelve totally awesome entries! I promise, you will be blown away by these cards! Click HERE to take a look at the "Rock the Cover" gallery. And I can't wait to see your card and inspiration CD cover ... and there's still plenty of time to play, so there goes that excuse, lolol!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy Friday with me ... I swear, you guys are da bestest!

ETA: Okay, I finally figgered out what these 'fortune cookies' I've made look like: dumplings!! Steamed; not fried ...

~Hugs,

9 comments:

wendyp said...

Awesome card! Not only did the saying on the card have me giggling so did your suggestion to squint, LOL!I didn't have to squint because they look exactly like fortune cookies. Very creative!

Tonniece said...

How creative you are Deb. This is a keeper for sure, and no squinting required.

Have a great day

Tina said...

They totally look like fortune cookies and I love the sentiment!
Have a great weekend.

Annapurna said...

In my old age, I had to click on the sentiment to read it, but I chuckled when I read that. So you have accomplished what you are going for.

Lovely papers and neat idea. How do you even come up with these ideas?

I thought those coins looked familiar. Are they real?

Allison said...

Very cool Deb...but you forgot to add "in bed" at the end of the fortune...ha ha! Another unique non-stamping creation...good for you!

malieta said...

Very cool and creative card Deb! I love it and the papers and embellishments are super cool!

Aimee said...

Love it! I'm going to have to try to CASE this! now I need to order chinese food cuz I'm craving cookies...

nappy2CU said...

The Chinese word for "finished" is 完成 :-)

Mel M. M. M. said...

Love this! These totally look like cookies (but dumplings are yummy) ;0) I giggled! Love how you laid it out: just stunning! Makes me want to do something other than flowers for a change, heehee. :0)