Monday, July 21, 2008

Hey Tweetie ...

Pin It


Happy Monday, boys and girls!

Today's card project was created using designer paper from Daisy D's, a Grungeboard flourish, a felt bird, and a chipboard heart.

This is one of those projects that started out to be one thing and totally turned out to be something else! Don't ask, it's a long story ...

I added some DP from Daisy D's "Girlfriends" collection to my card stock base, added some embellies, applied two scalloped edges (created with my slit punch), and attached nine pink eyelets using a Crop-a-Dile.

I applied some Colorbox Brush Pigment ink to the grungeboard ... I'm not sure how I feel about this product yet. While it did take the ink beautifully, I'm not sure it's something you have to have. Chipboard would be a good substitute I guess. But since I have three packages of this stuff, I better start using, and hopefully, liking this product.

My sentiment, from Cornish Heritage Farms, was stamped using "Timber Brown" Staz-On solvent ink. I added some brads, a bit of ribbon, and a tiny felt bird, and finis!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; you rock!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill and DCWV; Designer Paper by Daisy D's; Stamp: "Pretty Bird" Cornish Heritage Farms; Inks: Colorbox Pigment Brush Ink by Clearsnap, Staz-On by Tsukineko; Grungeboard: Tim Holtz Ideology; Felt Bird by Maya Road; Brads and Eyelets: Unknown; Grosgrain Ribbon: Unknown; Tiny Gemstone by Hero Arts; Adhesive: ATG 714, The Ultimate by Api, and Scrap Fusion by Ivy Fusion; Tools: Crop-a-Dile by We Are Memory Keepers; Slit Punch: Stampin' Up!; Dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinder's; Die-Cut Machine: Provo Craft

9 comments:

Annapurna said...

Yes Tweetie...
Love the dp you used. I have to have some. I also would like that bird template or die. You are one patient chica to do 9 eyelets on one card.

Perfect!

Angelnorth said...

Fun card! The CHF bird stuff is fun and paired up perfectly with your felt bird and branch/flourish - love it!

Allison said...

Awesomeness...love the bright colors! And I almost made this week's SS to use felt...ha!

malieta said...

Very very cute card and I love the bird and flourish!!!! Very yummy:)

Joan said...

Great card....I like the blue flourish and the little felt bird. Joan

Tina said...

So pretty, lots of fun colors.

Anne said...

FAB colours!!! What a brilliant card! It makes me think of those sweets, Chocolate Limes - YUM!!! I love your little bird and I MUST stop mucking about and try out grungboard one day!!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Oh this is SOOOOooo cute. I love the way you have it laid out, with that sweet little birf (haha that should be birD!) on the flourish like it's a branch. (Stroke of genius!) And those eyelets on the scallops! How'd you GET so good? :0) n'eezy'ugs (nice squeezie hugs, not sneezie, EW! hahaha) :0)

Penny said...

Oooh, how smashing is this? Love the bright colours and funky bird!