Friday, July 18, 2008

White-Out ... A Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Happy Friday, boys and girls!

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison's challenge required the use of white ink somewhere, anywhere, on your project. On, no, not white ink!?!?

In the meantime, though, my BFF sent me a wonderful packie full of all kinds of kewl toys, including this neat Inkadinkado stamp. The second I laid eyes on it, I thought of Hershey Kisses. Nope, I never, not even for a second, thought about kissing, being kissed, or blowing kisses ... not me, I thought of chocolate!

I created my "kisses" by creating a template, then tracing it on aluminum foil. I cut them out, and stuffed them with a bit of cotton ball fluff to give 'em a little dimension. I cut and twisted some tiny strips of white tissue paper to create the pulls.

Using a stamp positioner, I stamped my sentiment on dark brown card stock. Would you believe it took three stampings to get the white ink to show up bright enough to use?!? Oh. Yes, I guess you would ...

I mounted the sentiment using dimensionals and mats cut with Nesties, and used ticket-corner-punched chocolate, I mean brown, and white card stock for the background.

Finally, I embellished the corners with some really neat silver rhinestones that Anna sent to me.

I'm sure no one will ever mistake my funky aluminum foil kisses for the real deal, but overall, I'm pretty okay with 'em. Now, hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


PS: Check out the "Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock" challenge card gallery ... we already have four awesome entries! Clickie HERE to see 'em!

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

How can you go wrong with chocolate?!?!? Love your kisses - foil and sentiment!

Annapurna said...

What a cool idea. Love the kisses.
GF, you are in some serious need of chocolate and I am too. Too bad you are showing them, but can't eat any.

IKWYM about the white ink, that is why I took the easy way out and used the gel pen and white embossing powder.

Erica B. said...

You must have food on the mind! Ha. Anyway cool idea. Probably one that wouldn't be a mass produced one though right?

BTW you are so sweet, thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog!

Elena said...

Very cute! And very sweet! I love chocolate! Very cool idea! Love your card!!!

Chris said...

i for 1 would have totally thought of chocolate too, cuz kissing is so overrated and it's nothing like it is on the tv....LOL i love this card...the kisses are perfect!!!

Allison said...

Geez...Firefox crashed on me this afternoon...I never thought I would get back here!

What a great idea of making your own kiss shapes with the foil! Loving the white ink on the chocolate CS...thanks for being my supahstar!

Mel M. M. M. said...

This looks good enough to eat! Love the kisses & the white scallop looks ultra cute. You rocked Allison's challenge! ooooooo <--Sm'ugs (small hugs, heheheehehe) :0)

Joan said...

Great Card....I love the little kisses....awesome job. Joan

Anne said...

Well I've never seen 'Kisses' but these look purdy darn good to me!!! Your card is brill and I know what you mean about stamping with white ink - aack!! You're lucky you got it just right by the third attempt!! I once made up a whole load of christmas cards, stamped white snowflakes on the dark blue background, and next morning every single one of them had disappeared!!!! LOL!! Fab card Deb! xx

wendyp said...

This is awesome! Your kisses look great! So creative!

malieta said...

How cleaver of you! Your card is adorable Deb and your creativity rocks! Your statement "hand over the chocolates and no one gets hurt" had me cracking up!!! You are something else:)

savy said...

Oh, I just saw this!!!
I love it :-)
Good on you, BFF!