Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Make it Girly!

Pin It


Today's "15 Minute" project was created for Sharon's "Make it Girly" blog challenge. This week, Sharon asked that we create a card that is "soft and girly." I chose this image 'cuz a bubble bath is pretty dang "girly" to me ... although I'm sure that lots of men indulge in a bit of the bubbly every now and then!

As always, for a ginormous larger view, simply click on the image.

I stamped my image on Xerox 110# card stock and colored it in with Copic markers. I added just a hint of glitter to some of the bubbles but I'm afraid it really doesn't show in my photo.

I used the "Spots and Dots" Cuttlebug embossing folder for my background, cut a scalloped-edge mat, tied a ribbon around and through the card, and added five sparkly rhinestones.

This card will go in to my stash; I'll stamp an appropriate sentiment on white card stock and mat it on matching card stock when needed. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me; YKYR!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Xerox 110# and DCWV; Stamp: Oogaloo for studio g; Ink: "Black Soot" Distress Ink; Glitter Pen by Sakura; Rhinestones: Darice; Ribbon: Unknown, Obtained in a Ribbon Share; Embossing Folder: "Spots and Dots" by Provo Craft; Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Large Classic Square and Large Scallop Dies by Spellbinder's; Adhesive: Scotch ATG 714 and Scrap Fusion by Ivy Scraps

12 comments:

Annapurna said...

It sure is girly. Is that ribbon going through a slit in the card fold? If it is, I love that idea. Will email you about ATG.

Tina said...

Just fantastic and definitely girly!

Tonniece said...

What a fun card, It sure is girly.
Who makes that stamp, I love it.


Happy Tuesday

Allison said...

Me loves it...the colors are fabulous!

julie king said...

i love pink and girly and bubbly baths . . . and EVERYTHING you make!!

i'm tagging you with a fun musical meme. just pop over to my blog to check it out but no pressure at all if you're not interested!!

Deb said...

Very pretty and girly love the colors and image you chose!!

SmilynStef said...

What an adorable stamp and fun colors.

Judy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I love your cards, they are simply stunning. And it is wonderful that you give details on techniques used. That is a real plus for us novice stampers and card makers.

malieta said...

I love your girly card Deb! The stamp is super cute and so is your card:)

mueppi said...

Die Karte ist wunderschön!!!!!!!

Julia Aston said...

Nothing like a naked leg sticking out of the bath to make a girly card! this is so cute - love the cuttled bg 'bubbles'. very fun Deb - you girlie girl you!

Tonniece said...

HI Deb, thanks 4 getting back to me. I am on the hunt for it, but if you do find it i'll Love ya forever. lol

Have a great day