Friday, July 11, 2008

Enjoy Simple Pleasures ... A 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Happy Friday, everyone!

Today's "15 Minute" project was created in a flash using die cuts and an easy-to-color image from Hero Arts.

I stamped my image on Xerox 110# card stock, then colored it with Koh-I-Noor pencils, blending with Gamsol.

I matted the stamped image using black dimensionals on dark brown card stock cut with a Large Rectangle Die. I also die cut two brackets from the Cuttlebug "Olivia" alphabet set and used my slit punch to create a scalloped edge.

Finally, I applied two antique copper metal photo corners; to keep them from floppin' around on my card, I clipped the prongs off and glued them down to my card front.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your day with me; have a great weekend!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill, Xerox 110#; Stamp by Hero Arts; Ink: "Black Soot" Distress Ink by Ranger; Color Medium: Koh-I-Noor Woodless Coloured Pencils; Gamsol by Gamblin; Paper Stump by Creative Mark; Dies: Large Classic Rectangle and Large Scallop Rectangle by Spellbinder's; Bracket Die: "Olivia" Alphabet Set by Provo Craft; Metal Photo Corners: Unknown, found in Mt. Photo Corner; Slit Punch: Stampin' Up!; Die Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Adhesives: Scotch ATG 714, Black Dimensionals, Scrap Fusion by Ivy Scraps, and "The Ultimate" by Api

10 comments:

Allison said...

This is terrific...I cannot believe it only took 15 minutes! Of course, if my office was clean, maybe I would have to spend less time on the hunt for things! Love the metal hardware on your corners! Have a good Friday chickadee!

Annapurna said...

Nice hardware and image. A card just for you and no challenge? Love the color combination.

God grant me the speed to make a card in 15 mins. Please!

Joan said...

Great card....I love the gardening theme. Joan

SmilynStef said...

Orange is one of my favorites ... and I love how it looks with copper. I just got those pencils ... can't wait to try them out this weekend.

Mel M. M. M. said...

Oh how adorably gorgeous! Your watercolouring is a delight. Still in awe of this 15 minute thing. Maybe if I case you I can get a card done in 1/2 an hour. ;0) By the by, you won the blog candy!!! Send me your snail mail address please (to melmc@telus.net) and I'll send it out to you! :0) Hugs, mel

malieta said...

Very cute card Deb! I think the image is very cute and I love the hardware!

Angelnorth said...

Love the orange and copper tones of this and the photo corners look great!

Elena said...

You are very-very talented! The card is amazing! Love everything about it: colors, paper, decorative elements, stamp, coloring!
Elena

Tonniece said...

God I love your cards. Everythings is just so perfect.

Congrats on the blog candy win.

Have a great day
Tonni

jackiestamps4fun said...

I Love it! What a cute image and I like the photo corners!