Monday, August 11, 2008

The Best and Most Beautiful Things ... Are Old Stamps

Pin It


Happy Monday, boys and girls!

Today's card project was created for Sharon's "Stamp Simply" blog challenge. This week, Sharon challenged us to "dig deep into our cabinets and pull out a stamp that we once truly loved and just haven’t touched in ages."

I'm not sure exactly how old this stamp is, but it seems like I've had it for-evuh. And, if Helen Keller was alive, she'd be pretty old, too ... in fact, 128 years old. So, there you go: everything about this stamp is old!

I showed my dear old stamp some lovin' by stampin' it on vellum card stock using Brilliance ink. I matted it on black card stock, then folded two corners back and secured them using brads ... old brads.

Here's another view for all you left-handers:


I matted my card with DP from Crate Paper's old "Avenue" collection, mounted the sentiment panel using old glue, and embellished my card with some old paper flowers. I kid, the flowers aren't young.

Well, that's about it for today; I'd tell you about how my Swedish car broke down, but I'm sure you don't want to hear another Saab story ...

Hey, thanks so much for swingin' by!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; DCWV
Vellum Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
Designer Paper: "Avenue" Collection by Crate Paper
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Ink: Brilliance "Graphite Black" by Tsukineko
Accessories: Paper Flowers; Brads
Tools: Flower Punch

12 comments:

wendyp said...

Gorgeous! Theres something about red/black and white that is just eye catching and stunning!

Tina said...

My gracious, this is just gorgeous!

Annapurna said...

Very nice! I love all the old elements you used on there along with the folding on top of vellum and flowers in the other two corners. You don't have to actually glue down the vellum this way.

I have two of this sentiment stamps, but I like the boldness of this one.

Julie Koerber said...

Oh my! I have this stamp and this card is even in my fave colors -- black, red and white! Oh..... say it ain't so! YKYR!

Lisa said...

Deb, pop over to my blog there is a little award there for you,
Lisa
Another stunning creation by the way.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Really striking, Deb -- LOVE your color combo and this sentiment stamp is great -- love how you used and attached the vellum -- GREAT CARD!!! So glad you played -- thanks!!!

Mistylynn said...

Gorgeous as always.
Hugs,
Misty

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your card is exquisite and oh so meaningful. I love the layout, the colors, the glorious sentiment, those amazing flowers, and the way you folded the corners. In other words, I LOVE EVERYTHING about it!!!

malieta said...

What a gorgeous card and the colors are very beautiful Deb!

Curt in Carmel said...

Deb, I don't know many people who can make me laugh right out loud, but you are definitely one of them. That ATM schtick was coffee spitin funny! LOVE this card, and the folded down corner effect. Beautiful! I've added you on my blog so that more people can appreciate you! Thanks for making me laugh! You are the best! Curt

Anonymous said...

This is Kayleigh i just love the flowers

Chris said...

oh, i love this card!! love black!! my color totally!!