Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hello, Pretty Bird ...

Pin It


Welcome to the jungle!

Today's card project was created for no good reason using craft punches and a kewl bird stamp from Inkadinkado. This is such a beautiful stamp, and so realistic, too ... 'cuz all birds fly scattering a trail of flowers and faux gemstones behind 'em! As always, for a closer look, simply clicky on the photo.

Using designer paper from Memory Box, I punched out six trees and using scraps of walnut-ink-stained card stock, I punched out the bare trees.

I adhered all my trees to my card stock base, matted with DP from Basic Grey, popping some of them up on dimensionals.

Using a lining pen, I drew in the ground line and some grass clumps (doesn't that look just like grass!?!), and added some shading with Copic marker W3.

Finally, I used a stamp positioner to stamp my bird using "Graphite Black" Brilliance ink, and added some rhinestone-bling.

Now, be honest, doesn't this scene look just like Central Park ... on LSD?!?

~Hugs,

PS: I've received a couple of emails from peeps askin' about my supply list. Lately, I haven't been including a list and, apparently, some of you actually enjoy seeing which supplies I've used in a project.

I'm happy to include it in my posts, but I'd really appreciate some feedback regarding supply lists ~ do you care, do you read them, or do you think they're a waste of both of our time and energy since you already have all this krap, too? Lemme know whatcha think, okeedokee? Thanks!

Card Stock: Papertrey Ink; Designer Paper: "Periphery" Collection by Basic Grey, "Inspire" Collection by Memory Box; Stamp: Inkadinkado; Ink: "Graphite Black" Brilliance by Tsukineko; Pen: American Crafts; Copic Marker; Tree Punch: Punch Bunch; Bare Tree Punch: McGill; Faux Rhinestones: Michaels (a gift from my pal, Anna); Walnut Ink: 7gypsies; Adhesives: Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Scraps, Dimensionals: Unknown, Obtained in a Sticky Share

15 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey Deb - what a truly wonderful card!! Love it - can you send that bird north so I can catch some of those flowers and gemstones she is giving birth to??!!

Pop on over Deb - you won my blog candy YAY!!

AS far as supply list - it's always fun to read it - not so much fun to post it.....IMHO....

finnabair said...

I've got a very similar stamp..abut I must say - what you did with it is just poetry - great work :)

Joan said...

Oh my gosh - this is wonderful. I love how you created the forest. It's incredible. Joan

Annapurna said...

This is a really nice bird and nice card. Lovely scene you created.

The birds in my region on the other hand lay eggs during flight or poo on the walls. That is some science I haven't figured out... "How do they poo on a wall?"

Allison said...

You are a supahstar...I just love all these trees!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful...I would never have thought of making trees like this...and the bling following the bird...WOW!

I do like to have the Enabler list...oh, I mean "supply list!"

Donna

Chris said...

what a super fab card!!! once again you have outdone yourself!! but the birds here in maine do not leave trails of flowers...but it would be nice if they did!! LOL as for your supply list...i'll be honest...i only read it if something really makes me warm enough to buy it...otherwise i'm a really good "scanner" when i read...i'm a picture type of gal...LOL take care...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Card! Very creative! Yes, I look at the 'supply' list - especially if it is an unusual project. Please continue inclusion if possible!

Margaret said...

:::waving from up in Vero Beach:::

Hey, Deb. I love your supply lists. I love seeing new stamps (and knowing WHAT ELSE I need to save $$$ for) and I also enjoy seeing what can be done with supplies that I already have. So thanks for taking the time to include your supply lists.

Margaret

Jennifer Hodge said...

Wow craft punches? I love seeing what amzing things you do with them!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Holy cow!!!! This is amazing!!! Your work always blows me away! I love the delicate touch of the gemstones trailing the bird. You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful piece of art.

As for your supply lists, I look at them often. You give me ideas to use what I already have and a good reason to purchase what I don't.

Sanisi said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you added gems to the stamp. (I have the same one, and I'll definitely doing the same thing soon.)

I think supply lists are always helpful.

Anonymous said...

Your trees are awesome--love them! Please sent some of your kind of birds north to Alaska--ours don't drop flowers! I for one, love seeing the supply list--many times I've gotten products because of cards I've seen and appreciate not having to do a search, only to come up empty handed many times! Sue (suen)

Erica B. said...

The scene in this card the bird + the forest of trees = lovely.

I like supply lists esp. with unusual supplies.

Tina said...

Stunning! I almost bought this bird stamp on Saturday, but decided against it. You have outdone yourself.