Friday, August 15, 2008

An "All Felt Up" Entry ... Hey, I Don't Write 'Em, I Just Repeat 'Em

Pin It



So today, I decided to revisit some of my older CD's. I found an old "Simon & Garfunkle" CD and wow! there's some really great, meaningful songs on this CD. But, I was wondering: Did Parsley save Rosemary in time?

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison challenged us to create a paper project using felt. Well, it took days, but I finally managed to do so ... but my studio looks like Barney exploded!

I ran my background paper through the Cuttlebug with an inked A2 folder, then applied my hand-drawn felt bird. I cut out the hearts using the smallest Classic Heart die, then I cut out the wing and the li'l birdy-eye free-hand. And astonishingly, it still looks like a bird!

I stamped my CTMH sentiment, available HERE, with Staz-On ink, and stamped three egg tags with the same ink. I mounted the sentiment on foam dimensionals and attached the tags to a ball chain strung through a loopy eyelet.

On an entirely different note, check out the Y.OU K.NOW Y.OU R.OCK blog to see the winning "Rock the Cover" card, and get all the deets on our August challenge.

Finally, I wanted to share with you this fantastic weight loss tip: Eat naked in front of a full-length mirror.

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill; White Card Stock, Stamper's Select by Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Sentiment by Close to My Heart; Egg Tag by Stampington & Company
Ink: Distress Ink by Ranger Industries; Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; Staz-On by Tsukineko
Accessories: Felt, Michaels; Ball Chain; Heart Stick Pin; Loopy Eyelet by Karen Foster
Tools: Cuttlebug; Classic Oval Nestabilities Die by Spellbinder's; The Ultimate by Api; Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Foamies by Scotch; Crop-a-Dile by We Are Memory Keepers

14 comments:

Tina said...

This is about the cutest thing ever! I love that bird, the hearts, and that pin...fabulous!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love that felt bird. Being gone so long I have missed some great creations on your blog, love them all. Have a wonderful weekend.

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love that felt bird. Being gone so long I have missed some great creations on your blog, love them all. Have a wonderful weekend.

Annapurna said...

Very cool! The bird and the egg tags and that sentiment are all perfect. I would not have thought about putting a square sentiment on an oval, but it looks really nice.
Good job with Felting.

Lisa said...

Wow Deb, what a fantastic card, I love birds and have done a few bird cards myself recently.

Am off on hols now so will catch ya in about two weeks unless I can get access whilst away.

I have scheduled projects to be released during my hol, would you stop by from time to time to have a look?

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb love your card and you are just a total hoot. Hope you have a great weekend. OH BTW you need to put eyes, ears and a long tail on those wooden thingys in your photo because they would then look like cut little mice..lol.

Debbie/Phoenix, AZ
khlomeister@yahoo.com

patty w said...

Cute card! Love the birdie!

malieta said...

You are too funny!!!
Your card is adorable Deb!
The felt bird is soo cute and I love your embellishments:)

Allison said...

This is awesome Deb...I love your felt birdie! It is so soft looking esp. mixed with the other elements. You are a supahstar!

savy said...

Oh, I just LOVE this! Definitely a favorite. You are just amazing!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I love this -- darling -- and you do such great photo staging!!!

Erica B. said...

You crack me up!!! Love the felt bird. How many of us automatically thought flowers? cool little chain + tags.

Mel M. M. M. said...

heeheehee. Did Parsley... you funny. I've been missing you! Looks like everybody is getting all felt up and I'm at home alone, LOL. This card is too sweet. Love the cuttlebug leaves & your wing and eye are perfection. So cute and cuddly that it calls for c'ugs (sounds gross but they are really just smooshy, hehe) ;O)

Shirley said...

How creative, Deb, and cute too! The blue just makes the whole card sing. TFS