Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fly Away, L'il Swallow or Bird of Paradise: That's an Ostrich Egg!

Pin It



Just kiddin' ... and allow me to be the first to wish you a v-e-r-y happy Cartoon Day! Lemme know what cartoon's ya'll are watching, okeedokee? I'm lookin' to widen my horizons ...

Hey, did you know that today is also "National Sponge Cake Day?" Seriously. I don't make this stuff up. In honor of the day, I'll be heading out to PublixWhereShoppingIsAPleasure for some fresh-baked sponge cake. Even if you don't enjoy this yummy treat for dessert, it's lots o'fun to play with. Just don't use it to clean your counters ... I learned that the hard way!

ONward, Hoarding Card Makers! Today's card was created using DP from BasicGrey's "Periphery" collection, a couple of my favorite old stamps, and some grosgrain ribbon. Easy-peasy-sponge-cake-squeezy!

I stamped the mesh image on Vintage Cream card stock using "Peeled Paint" Distress ink, and stamped the egg images (they're doubled-up for dimension), using "Faded Jeans" Distress ink.

I layered some patterned paper, tied on some ribbons, punched out some photo corners, added a frame hanger, and ... finis!

Thanks so much for stopping by; enjoy your weekend ... and your sponge cake!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Periphery" Collection, BasicGrey
  • Stamps: "Mesh" by Stampers Anonymous; "Egg" by Oxford Impressions
  • Ink: Distress Inks by Ranger; Colorbox Fluid Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Gold Frame Hanger; Brad; Grosgrain Ribbon;
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies; Brad; Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Scraps; Dimensional Foamies by Scotch; Photo Corner Punch by Stampin' Up!

9 comments:

wendyp said...

Gotta love any day that celebrates cake!

Adorable card!!!!

Allison said...

Such a pretty card...love the bird stamp! And there is that egg again!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Such a serene beauty. I love the way you put a card together so flawlessly. Pretty! Pretty! Pretty!

Tina said...

I love everything about this, you have left no detail behind. Gorgeous!

Tonniece said...

Another lovely Deb. love everything about it. Great flow to it.

Happy Sunday

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuuuuuu! I love that birdy paper, but with the lil' egg it's irresistible! I am thinking today is 'nation you made that thing up about national spongecake day' ROFL. You too funny! :O) giggl'ugs

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

This is just beautiful! There are so many elements to it. I'm so glad I found your wonderful blog...

Curt in Carmel said...

Love the whole package of this card. Every element is perfect. Best, Curt

Annapurna said...

Lovely card. I am liking that muslin background stamp you used.

Did you open your goodies yet? You likey?