Thursday, August 21, 2008

Halloween Pyramid Card ... Broomstick Delivery Only

Pin It



Happy National Spumoni Day ... enjoy a fresh Italian today!

Today's fun paper project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison asked that we follow a template and create a Pyramid card, a/k/a a Diamond Card, a/k/a a Tepee Card.

I used plain orange card stock to create my pyramid, then stamped lots o'flourishes using Brilliance "Graphite Black" ink. After heat setting, I used the "Bandana" technique to create my background. For more info on this kewl techinque, or to see another project featuring this technique, click HERE.

I stamped my CTMH woodblock-style focal image on Stamper's Select card stock using the same ink, double-matted it, attached a black frame hanger, and tied on some grosgrain ribbon.

Easy; but not peasy! And what the heck does one DO with these thangs?!? I s'pose I could plop it on a table for a festive Halloween accent, or, I could turn it upside down and put in on the wall to hold flowers or ... ummmm, spumoni!

And stayed tuned boys and girls, 'cuz being the over-achiever that I am, I created another Pyramid card that's so over-the-top, it could adorn a Christmas tree! Seriously.

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; YKYR!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: DCWV; Bazzill Basic; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Witch" by Close to My Heart; "Flourishes" by Pink Cat Studio
  • Ink: "Graphite Black" Brilliance by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Copic Marker (YR68); "Inkssentials" Pen by Ranger
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Mini-Frame Hanger
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Die; Black Dimensionals; Double-Sided Tape



15 comments:

wendyp said...

Very cool! I've never tried a pyramid card yet. I'll have to give it a go. Love the bandana effect in the background!

Tina said...

Very pretty, love all the detail.

Annapurna said...

How cool! I love it. Orange my favorite.

That bandana technique is too cool. I gotta try it sometime. I like how your stamped image, seems to flow even on the folds of the card. I used a photo hanger for my card too. cool huh?

Great job chica!

Allison said...

Okay...you must stop. All these creations are getting too good and turning me into a green-eyed monster. Pretty soon I won't be able to hang with you because you'll be too dang perfect.

Benga said...

Oh my! what a lovely card! that bandana technique is super cool! I love bandanas! I will try it out soon, thanks for sharing!

patty w said...

It's a witch ! At first I couldn't see her...thought it was another one of those magical images! LOL

Cute!

Anne said...

I WILL have a go at that bandana technique, it is SOOOOO Fab!!! Hmmm.... Enjoy a fresh Italian - does Robert de Niro count, or has he gone off?? LOL! Love the pyramid Deb ~ table deco sounds about right to me! ;o) Hugs!!xx

Carolyn Bounds said...

WOW!!! My Dh loves it too...he's a Halloween baby:) I love it when you do this technique!! One of these days I will have enough courage to try it myself.

I plan on taking part in Allison's challenge too. Wish me luck;)

BTW, I left you a little message on my blog. When you have a spare moment, please drop on by and have a looksie:)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Mel M. M. M. said...

I agree with Allison, you're too perfect. Bye. LOL. Actually, I'm hangin' around hoping that some of it rubs off on me eventually! ;o) I love the way you do the bandanna technique. That stamp is just too perfect for it! The metal hardware used like that is ingenious! How DO you do it? Can't wait to see pyramid #2--though I think this is the pinnacle of pyramids. (But I think Anna turned one into a vase, and that's too brilliant too!) OXO

Erica B. said...

That makes for a great Halloween card. Cool image too. Can't wait to see the Christmas version!

Elena said...

I also agree with Allison! All your work is so beautiful. Really enjoy visiting your blog.

SmilynStef said...

Cool cool cool ... love the bandana technique on orange ... it really pops.

Klaressa said...

Your pyramid card is awesome Deb! The bandanna technique really pops and your witch is adorable...great job!!!!

Jen said...

This is cute, I have this stamp in clear, I may want to copy you! I got mine to fold flat if that would help you to know what to do with these, but you could turn it upside down and secure it well to hold candy???

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

This could NOT be cuter!!