Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Three's Company" ... Wait; Isn't Three a Crowd?

Pin It


Hey, everyone it's Cartoon Day again! Yay!

And let me apologize right away for my wonky photo; I'm not sure if it's Photobucket, or Blogger, but the image appears to be w-a-y too tightly focused. My original photo looks fine, so I'm not sure what's causing the problem. It'll prolly resolve itself before this post hits the blog and then you'll be reading this thinkin' I'm crazy ... again! Maybe it's just me ...

Today's card project was created for the "Stamping Challenges to Love" girls' second challenge, "Three's Company. The idea is to create using multiples of threes ... of anything. I chose to make some punch art flowers, three of 'em; with leaves, three of 'em.

My flowers are styled after Coreopsis'... also known as Tickseed, a member of the daisy family. I'm not certain I've achieved it, but that was what I was goin' for ... just so's ya know.

I used exactly three punches to create my flowers ... perfect for the "Three's Company" challenge, huh? In case you're interested, I listed the punches below in the supply list.

Once the flowers were made, I simply stamped my image on Stamper's Select white card stock, die cut a scalloped mat, and using a sliver of a dimensional, stuck a lonesome l'il leaf on the upper right-hand corner. A simple card, but definitely not a quicky!

Thanks so much for spending part of National Bratwurst Day with me ... hey, it could be wurst!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: Cut Card Stock; Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamp: "Time to Enjoy" by Hero Arts
  • Ink: Staz-On "Olive Green" by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Copic Marker #E77
  • Tools: Cuttlebug Die Cut Machine; Long Classic Rectangle and Scallop Dies by Spellbinder's; Dimensionals, Scotch Foamies, "The Ultimate" glue by Api; Medium and Small Stylus' by Fiskars; Daisy Punch by McGill; Sun Punch by Cuttin' Edge; Oak Leaf Punch, Unknown

18 comments:

Annapurna said...

Yes it is, that is if you are not into that kind of thing ;-) LOL! I kill me. LOL!

Very nicely done. I love all the elements on the card. And look, you have 3 rectangles too (base and the two layers)

I heart the flowers you made and sentiment is perfect.

Thanks for playing with us.

Ana Baird said...

Very elegant card! Love it!

Monica said...

Great card! Thanks for playing in our challenge. I'll have a Bratwurst with you! Love those!

Maria said...

Hey, Deb!! Ooooh, I have that stamp! Your card is gorgeous. Those punched flowers are like "wow"!! I love all the layering!! Very pretty!

I don't see anything wrong with your photo!! It looks nice and crisp on my end!!

Maria

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Another great card, and HOW true is that sentiment!!! Let us all heed that advice!!! TFS!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Another great card, and HOW true is that sentiment!!! Let us all heed that advice!!! TFS!!!

Allison said...

Awesome job Deb! Love the tickseed flowers!

Curt in Carmel said...

The number of letters you used in the sentiment is also divisible by 3 just so ya know! LOL Am I carrying this too far??? Great card! Best, Curt

Deb said...

Very pretty, love the colors and the flowers are fabulous!

julie king said...

i love how your cards have just great 3-D features!!

Rein said...

Really pretty!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Great card! The daisies look so real!!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Deb great card and the picture is just fine. Oh and I was waiting to hear a rim shot (ba dum dump) because that is the wurst pun I ever heard (loved it)..LOL. Have a great day!!

Debbie :)

malieta said...

You did a fantastic job with this challenge!!! You grouped all of your 3's perfectly and I love your pretty flowers!

wendyp said...

Your punched flowers are gorgeous!!! You did an awesome job on the challenge!

Theresa said...

Deb, this is so pretty. How do you so consistently make awesome cards? I bow to the master.

Mel M. M. M. said...

I love this! I love tickseed (if you deadhead it blooms forever doesn't it?) Yours look so real and so lovely. I vote three's company because three look so gorgeous here. (Flowers are much less choosy about that stuff, LOL) bloominugs :O)

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card and you colors are so unique. Its wonderful! TFS, Deb.