Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life Delights in Life; I Delight in Chocolate ...

Pin It



Today's card project was created using beeee-you-tea-full card stock from Stampin' Up! that Mel-a-Licious sent me ... ummm, and the hardware too! Isn't Mel delicious!?!

I stamped my images on Vintage Cream card stock with dark brown fluid chalk ink, then heat embossed with clear powder. The focal image was die cut and matted on a scallop edge mat. I used the uber-kewl "Threading Water" border punch to create a l'il mat for my chocolate brown ribbon, then tied on a silver heart charm. My CTMH sentiment, available
HERE, was framed in Stampin' Up hardware.

And that's it! Can you believe that I managed to create a post in less than five paragraphs?!? That's becuz today is "Potato Day" and I'm doin' some very intricate potato-stampin' ... tuber continued!

~Hugs,



  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basic; Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up!
  • Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: PSX; Close to My Heart
  • Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink; Versamark
  • Other: Clear Embossing Powder
  • Accessories: Metal Frame Holder; Brads; Jump Rings; Heart Charm; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies; Heat Gun; Border Punch by Fiskars]

PS: Due to the current weather conditions here in So Florida, I will likely lose power ... and my Internet connection. The only real question is when and for how long!

I have several blog posts pre-scheduled for this week, but if you email me with a question, or leave me a comment and don't hear back from me, that will be the reason why. I'll respond to all comments and questions just as soon as possible. Thanks!

12 comments:

mochamama said...

Beautiful card Deb (I got excited when I seen the Delight in Chocolate title, hhhmmmmm) I love how you display your cards using embelishments. Have I told you that before?

Tina said...

Oh Deb, this is stunning! I love it all. That image is so detailed and pretty!

Annapurna said...

Hear hear!Great combination of SU and CTMH by Deb. I love the image you stamped too. So real.

I bet the holes from the uber-kewl punch are not all that kewl and that is why you covered them up ;-) Is it?

You are rocking these sentiment block stamps. Now I wish I got some too :-)

Ann said...

Oh, I love this card! I don't do much orange, except for fall -- but you've inspired me to try!

Allison said...

This is beautiful! Love that you didn't color the image!

malieta said...

Your card is so darn pretty Deb! I love the stamped image and the DSP is awesome!
Take care and be safe!
hugs
Risa
p.s. You are something else... your comment about today being "Potato Day" made me laugh. I can't wait to see your creations:)

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful..love the colors and the hardware---a LOVELY creation!

Chris said...

this is gorgeous!!! i'm lovin' all the hardware!! >"<

Carolyn Bounds said...

OOOO! I really love this one, especially the brown and orange. The orange DP is scrumptious! Another great card and gorgeous layout.

Hugs:o)
Carolyn

Anne said...

Phwaorrrr!!! Gorgeous card Deb!!! Very autumnal-looking with those colours! You know, this is the second time in under 9 hours that I've read about the 'threading water' border punch and now I've got to go investigate! Hope you're bearing up under the storms!! {{HUG}}

Mel M. M. M. said...

Delighting in chocolate is the same thing as delighting in life (chocolate=life) hahaha. You are too delectable. I love what you did with this c.s. You make it look like a million dollars! Love the charm too and that sentiment couldn't be any more perfect with the cute birdy sunflower image (which ROCKS embossed and uncoloured by the by!) YouDAbest'ugs! :O) mel

Rein said...

Really beautiful!