Monday, August 18, 2008

Geometric's: Without 'Em, Life's Pointless ...

Pin It


Hey, for those of you who are keepin' track, and even if you're not, today is "Bad Poetry Day." I'll bet you're a poet and just don't know it ...

Today's card project was created for no good reason. I had considered entering it in the Stamping Challenges to Love blog challenge, but decided against it and entered something else. But you can always use a thank you card, so sooner or later a good reason will appear. It's the law of card-making.

Anyway, this card is super-easy-peasy to CASE.

Using dies from the Large Classic Circle die set, I cut out two circles, cut them in half, then used one of the leftover circles as a base for my paper flowers. The flowers are adhered to the inside lower right-hand corner of the card, so I cut out a circle on the front lower right corner. Which explains why the card isn't standing ... although I do like to lay 'em down every now and then just to mix things up ... such a wild 'n crazy gal, huh?!?

I stamped my images on Stamper's Select card stock, cut them into circles, sponged 'em with fluid chalk ink, then adhered them to the front of the card with the pale blue half circles.

Finally, I sprinkled some extra-fine glitter over the paper flowers, and finis! Easy-peasy and read to serve in just 15 Minutes!

ONward: I received this award from someone recently and I'm embarrassed to say I forgot who. So thank you so much _______; I love your blog, too! Now, I'm gonna pass it on to five of my favorite bloggers (that part, I remember):


  1. Allison, from Stampin' When I Can;
  2. Annapurna, from Inspired by Nature/HomeMade Greetings;
  3. Julia, from Create With Me;
  4. Julie, from Out to Impress; and,
  5. Mel, from Mel Stampz

Here ya go, Chicklettes!

Okay, I'm off to do some research: I need to know where they get the seeds to grow seedless grapes. Hey, do you know?

~Huglettes,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Lexicon of Love" by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: Staz-On; Colorbox by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Felt Flowers by American Crafts; Paper Flowers by Prima; Brad, American Crafts; Ultra-Fine Glitter
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Nestabilties Dies; Scrap Fusion PA

8 comments:

Tina said...

Super cute and unique. Great colors too!

Annapurna said...

This is way too cool. Love that glittered flower and the half circle turning anti-clockwise from bottom to top.

Love the layout and the colors. You rocked the no challenge card.

I took a blog hopping holiday weekend to finish a swap project and now my palms are hurting after all the punching :-(

Annapurna said...

p.s. Forgot to say Thanks for the Award!

One day I will just post all the awards floating in blogland and tell everyone, that I got them from everyone and give it to everyone. I can't keep track of these. Have enough trouble keeping track of my daily activities :-)

Are you staying safe and far from the hurricane?

Carolyn Bounds said...

I am totally in love with this layout, and definitely feel a CASE coming on!!! I doubt I will be able to complete it in fifteen minutes, but I have got to give this a try. I especially love how you cut out the circle to reveal the flower. Fun! Beautiful! Simply Fantastic!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks for the award chickie! I LOVE the geometric card - way cool!
Good talking to you tonight-- hope all you got was rain your way! I'll try not to worry about ya!! Huglettes back! :-)

malieta said...

Very cool and creative card Deb!!!
Congratulations on your award also, your blog is a joy to visit!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Thank You!!!! Can I send it right back to you too? I lurrrrrrrrrrve your blog so much! :O) thankYOUgs!

Shirley said...

Your design and colors are just great! You have really given me some great ideas on card presentation too! TFS, Deb.