Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Don't Forget to Wipe Your Feet ... A "Tag, You're It" Challenge Entry

Pin It



Happy National Radio Day, boys and girls!

My photos are not the best and I apologize. My excuse is the crummy weather we here in So Florida are currently 'enjoying.' Between tornado, flood, tropical storm, monsoon, and hurricane warnings, it's either the lack of natural light or the lack of electricity that's to blame for my yucky photographs. Sorry 'bout that, kids!

Today's project was created for Anne and Sam's "Tag, You're It" blog challenge. This week's theme is Christmas ... I know you didn't see that comin'!

I covered my chipboard tag with DP from Cosmo Cricket's "Wanted" collection, then sponged the edges with fluid chalk ink. Next, I created a wreath using card stock and a pine bough paper punch. I added some ribbon and some "holly berries" to the wreath, and used a copper brad to create my "door knob."

I stamped my sentiment on red card stock and cut it out using a scallop-edge rectangular die. I created a hinge from matching card stock to attach my "door mat" to my "door."


Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just ..... ohhhhh, let's say, 30 minutes!

One quick, cute, topical joke to share:

At the Olympic Games, a girl bumps into a man carrying an eight-foot-long metal stick.
"Excuse me," says the girl to the man, "Are you a pole vaulter?"
"No," says the man, "I'm German, but how did you know my name is Walter?"

Hey, thanks for dropping by today!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: DCWV; Bazzill
  • Chipboard Tag
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket, "Wanted" Collection
  • Stamp: Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Brilliance by Tsukineko; Colorbox Fluid Chalk
  • Accessories: Antique Copper Brad; 1/8" Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Die; Pine Bough Punch; Mini-Hole Punch; "The Ultimate" Glue; Mini-Glue Dots

16 comments:

wendyp said...

Wow! This has got to be one of the cutest, most creative things I've seen! From the wreath, to the cute scallop door mat....love it!

Tina said...

AWESOME, you are entirely too clever. This is a beauty!.

Annapurna said...

Brilliante! Seeing it in the picture makes a lot of sense. Very nice the way you made the door mat. You clever thing you.

Aimee said...

So cute! Very creative! Thanks for the joke too, good way to make me think so early in the morning.
hahaha. Take care.

Ann said...

Clever! Great tag.

I think your photos are awesome! I despise taking pictures of my cards; I much prefer to scan them. Yours are set up like a fashion show!

Allison said...

Here is your challenge...should you choose to accept it...

Make 100 of these, stamp my name on them and send them to Canada so I can claim them as my own! One of my favs (evah!)...of course, that's a long list!

Anne said...

Grooooooooaaaaaaannnnnnn @ Pole Vaulter!!!! ROFL!!! Hurrah!! You made it! I just came in to nab your URL but the weather's been kinder than expected I guess? Your tag is FABULOUS!!!!! I absolutely love it and I think I might have to lift it later in the year if that's OK?? Brilliant! Thanks for playing Deb! ;o) xx

malieta said...

Talk about a beautiful tag..I thought you made it out of wood, it looks so real!!! Beautiful job Deb!!!

kath said...

Gorgeous tag and love that pine bough punch..never seen that one before....loved the joke too
Kath
xxxxx

Mel M. M. M. said...

This is DEBlectable! I can't believe how clever you are! What an ingenious idea to make a door, but that mat too. Over the top. Your brain must be the size of a house! I love the sweet wreath and the tiny door knob.
& I'm still laughin at that cheesy joke. I love cheesy jokes. Around here we call it McCarthy humour. Oh no! My secret identity is out! heehee ;o) Can't believe it's time for Holiday cards already! Well,
Holllyugs to you then Dahlink! And safe'ugs too so that weather gets better fast, OXO mel

julie king said...

oh, this card makes me realize that Christmas is only 4 months away!! you've inspired me to start getting in the holiday spirit! lovely card!!

Bethany Paull said...

So cute! I love the addition of the door mat.

Jami said...

What a fabulous holiday door you've created!! I just love that wreath!!!

Sam Morris said...

Trying desperately to see what's wrong with your photos!!

This is just THE most inspired tag, love everything about it...makes me want to go in and see what cozyness is behind that door!!

Thanks so much for taking part in another of our challenges :)

Curt in Carmel said...

This is AWESOME! I just may have to case this card and make it my holiday card this year! What a creative card. . .LOVE IT! Best, Curt

E.T said...

Wow! How creative! this is such a unique idea! You have so many things here I dont know if I will be able to keep up! LOL