Monday, August 4, 2008

Howdy! Wanna Try the "Bandana" Technique?

Pin It


Happy Monday ... yikes, better duck!

Today's card project was created using the "Bandana" technique. This kewl technique was created by Ranger Industries, featuring their Inkssentials White Opaque Pen ... which is the pen I've used here. For a ginormous closer look, click on the photo.

This technique is super-easy and lots of fun ... you can create your own background to work on, or use designer paper as I've done here. This distressed red paper is from Cosmo Cricket's "Dutch Girl" collection. Yes, I have been using a lot of this collection recently ... but that's only because I hate to put paper back into my over-organized storage cabinet.

I stamped my flourishes, from Pink Cat Studio, using Brilliance "Graphite Black" ink, then heat set. Then, using my Inkssentials pen, I drew lots of little dots, squiqqles, and outlines. And that's it!

I created a 'ribbon' out of matching card stock, added a silver concho, or ribbon slide, depending on your location, some little silver stars that Mel sent me, some eyelets, and my matted, burned sentiment.

This brand-style sentiment was left-over from an earlier project ... if you'd like to know how it was created, click HERE for the deets.

Give the "Bandana" technique a try! If you do, I'd love to see what you create ... just leave a quick link-up in the comments.

Thanks so much for spending part of your crazy Monday with me!

~Hugs,

9 comments:

wendyp said...

Fabulous! Love this technique!!

Deb Neerman said...

Hi Wendy: Thanks so much for your kind words!

Would you email me; I can't locate your email addy.

Thanks!

Tina said...

You are so clever! I will have to try this sometime.

Allison said...

Love it...I am out to hunt down more info and some paper to try it out myself!

Annapurna said...

Cool technique. Love the outcome and the ribbon and cork sentiment.

Julia Aston said...

How fun! this is a great technique! thanks Deb - I'll go dig out my Cosmo cricket Dutch girl!! and congrats on winning Linsey's blog candy!

Curt in Carmel said...

What an adorable card and a great technique Deb! Love it! Best, Curt

Mistylynn said...

I do so adore this technique and you've executed it so beautifully here! It's amazing. Take care.
Misty

J-Yo! said...

pretty cool, Deb!!

hugs,
Jen