Thursday, August 7, 2008

'White on White' ... or is it 'Cream on Cream'

Pin It


Phew, today's one of those days where I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe ... but enough about me!

Today's cream-on-cream white-on-white project was next to impossible to photograph, so let me apologize for my crappy photo right now and get it over with.

This card was created for Sharon's "Stamp Simply" blog challenge ... and is this ever "stamped simply!" Sharon's instructions called for creating a card that is basically white on white; allowing us to add some very light pastels while keeping the color scheme as light/white as possible.

I ran my cream white card stock through the Cuttlebug in the newly released, "Bird Call" A2 embossing folder, then matted it on cream white DP from Cosmo Cricket's "Fleuriste" collection.

I die-cut a little cream white tag then stamped my sentiment, by Papertrey Ink, in Versamark, and heat embossed with gold powder.

Finally, I adhered some ribbon, including a ribbon slide, then attached my little tag, heart charm, and key charm with jump rings.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; YKYR!!

~Hugs,

22 comments:

Bunny B said...

That's a gorgeous cream/white card, Deb!! :) I love it!

Annapurna said...

This is super cute! White, cream and gold, cool combination. Will have to remember that one.

I wish I had that buckle for my dress. I should get a die for it.

Allison said...

Just gorgeous Deb! Love the embossing folder and this color combo is a winner! Enjoy that parallel universe...maybe it's more interesting there!

mochamama said...

Your opening comment cracked me up, too funny! This card is so beauitful and elegant

savy said...

Holy Smokes, r u kidding me?? You did that with that cutter-thingie? Woooooooooow. Wooooooooow. Wow.

Margaret said...

Deb, this is great. Love the white on white. Even more so: how do you get the type with the lines through it? Simple inquiring minds just north of you want to know!!!

Joan said...

This is beautiful. Joan

Theresa said...

Stunning, Deb. It is just so elegant. I love the gold.

Curt in Carmel said...

This is just STUNNING! How gorgeous! LOVE IT! Best, Curt

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

1st of all -- LOVE your diagonally parked comment -- you and me both -- LOL!!! 2ndly -- oh my goodness -- this card just took my breath away!!! I LOVE it!!! I have an order in for his beautiful folder -- what you have done here is just stunning -- truly exceptional!!! Love all your little hardware pieces!!! Fabulous work -- and white on white, cream on cream -- no diff!!! Great job!!! So glad you could play -- thanks so much!!! I always enjoy your work!!!

stampinc said...

This is gorgeous! Love that cuttlebug embossing folder. something else I have to add to my list of many things.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Gorgeous!! I love the gold accents. I wish my simple cards could look half as elegant as this beauty.

patty w said...

Elegant. Gorgeous!

patty w said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
patty w said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica B. said...

Such a cool embossing folder! The addition of the gold accents are fabulous.

Anne said...

WAH!!!! Stunning!!! OMG, it's stunning!!! Why doesn't cuttlebug work like that for me??? Sigh!! xx

malieta said...

What a stunning card! I love the simplicity of it yet it is very stunning and the gold embellishments are very lovely!

Tina said...

Gorgeous! Those embossing folders rock!

Anonymous said...

This is Kayleigh i love the buckle and charms

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Seriously, I did not need that particular embossing folder until JUST now.

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Oh, and now I also have that Counting Crows song stuck in my head! Gack!

Everyone say "Thanks Deb".

*snort*